"The Mandalorian" recruited a Deaf actor to create the Tusken Raiders' sign language

Or given the “Yoda”’ species incredibly slow lifecycle, it might take a year just to make a poop. Like sloths on steroids.

1 Like

I watched “Quest For Fire” last week. They hired Anthony Burgess to make actual early human languages for the different groups, although you wouldnt know it from shouts like “Wagaboo! Wagaboo!”

2 Likes

I remember reading a short story where someone encountered a young Tusken Raider by accident and settled in to observe because they hadn’t been spotted yet. They were astonished when the Tusken began to sing.

2 Likes

how about put a spoiler tag around your comment, please. Thanks.

[ETA] Thanks!

4 Likes

The dirty secret is that the force is powered by poop. Jedi never go to the lavatory.

3 Likes

Refresher:
Refresher | Wookieepedia | Fandom

2 Likes

So the Empire “went green” in its construction of the Death Star by using a specialized garbage eating creature to handle its waste disposal.

2 Likes

My fav behind the scene: while shooting that, Mark Hamill burst into song “pardon me George, is that a dianoga poo poo”

4 Likes

and the rest of that story (as Hamill tells it) is that George was not amused

4 Likes

Oh agreed. It’s part of why the Disney Gallery series is worth a watch because you get a glimpse of the deep love and expansive knowledge he has for this universe. It appears to be paying off because i am also super impressed by how they are portraying this indigenous people, particularly in the recent episode. Was also a very nice homage to Dune as well i thought.

6 Likes

Great episode. Watch out for Willrow Hood’s ice cream maker.

2 Likes

I’m hoping the show features that prop at least once a season or more.

2 Likes

Perhaps they still pee though, and that’s what they are talking about in terms of the light and dark side. Jedi do #1 and Sith do #2.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.