The meaning of "premium mediocre"

I guess there really IS use for that chair.

4 Likes

Immediately thought of “Gourmet Donut” stores I’ve seen popping up all over too.

2 Likes

The BMW 320i
Yes you bought a car that has the BMW on it, but is far worse than pretty much anything coming out of any other car manufacturer.

5 Likes

So many examples of “premium mediocre” in the automotive world. The BMW 320i, Mercedes CLA/GLA, Lexus IS250, and the Acura ILX. The list goes on and on.

5 Likes

The wee bit nicer ones are premium mediocre. The ones you’re describing are just mediocre.

2 Likes

The pre-existing term is “luxury sedan”

2 Likes

the extra-half click, thank you.

7 Likes

Jam. The ‘premium mediocre’ of fruit preserves. :wink:

A lot of buds with no taste.

1 Like

Still find it weird that people are aghast that pumpkin spice doesn’t have pumpkin in it.

3 Likes

Do they still not come with turn signals? :wink:

3 Likes

Psssh! Next you’ll tell me there’s no real dew in Mountain Dew!

1 Like

Speaking of which, Premium Mediocre Pepsi

9 Likes

Keep your government hands off my Mediocre!

4 Likes

Or mountains!

4 Likes

I realize that this probably reveals me to be an awful person, but I really like premium mediocre 1893 Pepsi. I don’t even like normal Pepsi at all, but 1893 is pretty decent, especially the grapefruit soda which is essentially the first grapefruit flavored thing that didn’t taste 110% of grapefruit, but actually like something with multiple flavors in it.

4 Likes

Try the Black Currant! I agree about the Grapefruit.

One of us dropped this, is it yours?

6 Likes

I was at the market not an hour ago, and saw those. I am torn, they’re technically not wrong - BUT THEY ARE SO WRONG.

These are the ones I saw: Upmarket Yoplait.

6 Likes

I saw those while shopping just the other day too; and immediately thought:

8 Likes

Meh. Sometimes all you can afford to enjoy is the little things.

8 Likes

I have to say that chinese take-out, cheesecake, and cola for dinner sounds absolutely perfect. What time should I come around?

5 Likes