The Minions are back in 'The Rise of Gru'

Originally published at: The Minions are back in 'The Rise of Gru' | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I’m in!

5 Likes

I’m here for the chicken minion. Chickinion?

chickinion

3 Likes

They should have done a bit more research on that name, especially given the current world mood. GRU - Wikipedia

2 Likes

With you.

2 Likes

The dude was explicitly written to be a bad guy, at least initially. Shouldn’t he have a name that evokes the idea of bad stuff? Plus I like how it sounds like he’s a Grue.

The cartoon franchise that really got bad luck with a name was Archer. They had to eventually change the name of the spy organization because of world events.

2 Likes

It is dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

8 Likes

To be honest I think I liked the Minions better when they were implied to be some kind of purpose-grown creatures created in a lab by Dr. Nefario rather than ageless beings from the dawn of time.

1 Like

BAAANNNAAANNNAAA! Heeheeheee!

2 Likes

I rolled a 3 and a 4.
Do I live?

2 Likes

Ok, I may not have seen a movie since End Game but this movie looks like it would be totally worth it to show up in person. Finally, after a couple of years, a move I might like.

2 Likes

Was the costume that bad?

I can never remember which costume was which year except the pumpkin and the mouse lemur.

1 Like
use lantern

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.