T-shirt: Bugs and Gossamer as Han and Chewy

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Sadly my first question was “Why would they want to taunt Disney and WB lawyers like this?”

My second question was “The monster’s name was Gossamer?”

6 Likes

My thoughts exactly… “C&D in 3… 2… 1…” “That’s no moon… that’s a law firm!”

And yes… the monster’s name is Gossamer. I think the mad scientist from the B.B. cartoon where he debuted called him that several times. The one with Bugs doing his hair. “If an innnnnntersting monster can’t have an innnnnterting hairdo, I don’t know hwat things are coming to!”

I always thought he and Sweetums from the Muppets were somehow related.

7 Likes

Being a Wookiee must be very interesting.

5 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

wookiees must meet such INNNTERESTING people…

(he looks wrong not being orange. i kind of wish he was orange, even though chewie isn’t)

4 Likes

Bugs should have a carrot in his holster - not a blaster!

3 Likes

Why is it “Buggs” on the headline? And I thought the commonly-accepted spelling of Chewbacca’s diminutive is “Chewie”?

Yeah, I’m a spelling-nitpicker. It was driven into my consciousness throughout my entire school life, which included journalism and mass-media classes. So either every teacher I had was on the wrong track, or people are just getting careless these days.

4 Likes

Or a carrot-shaped blaster.

1 Like

He knew he should have taken that left turn at Alderaan.
:grimacing:

9 Likes

Doc, we’re home!

3 Likes

My /only/ question was “The monster’s name is Gossamer?”

“Han and Solo”… both of them?

1 Like

Now I really want to see a Boba Fudd shirt.

“Wabbit season.”

“Wookie season”

4 Likes

Bugs wouldn’t be the only rabbit in the Star Wars universe.

3 Likes

Bugs shot first.

2 Likes

Actually according to the Wikipedia article on Gossamer:

The monster next appears in Duck Dodgers and the Return of the 24½th Century in 1980. This is the first cartoon where the character is called “Gossamer”, and is so named by Marvin the Martian. Jones gave the monster this name “because he’s the opposite looking of gossamer. He’s a big, hairy thing.”

In a previous short he was referred to as “Rudolph”.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.