A 'Spaceballs' cosplay of greatness

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/04/may-the-schwartz-be-with-you.html

12 Likes

I hope John Candy is having his best afterlife.

24 Likes

I always wished for: “Spaceballs: The Prequel”

11 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try cosplay but it can make me a little queazy. This makes me want to Barf.

9 Likes

Spaceballs: The Cosplay

9 Likes

That tail would make a for a great Squirrel Girl costume too

16 Likes

Pretty sure that’s the same tail that my firstborn used for her SG halloween outfit last year.

5 Likes

But where’s the merchandise?

You can’t have Spaceballs cosplay without the merchandizing.

I think I have all my Mel Brooks DVDs tovether, time for a Mel Broks marathin, though I just watched “To Be or Not to Be” last week. And I don’t have “History of the World Part 1” on DVD.

5 Likes

And the drywall in the background is cosplaying a brick wall.

1 Like

That was an enjoyable take on Star Wars, but I really love “Hardware Wars”.image

7 Likes

“You’ll laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll kiss three bucks goodbye!”

I have the VHS of Hardware Wars and Other Film Farces somewhere here at the house. Watched it nearly every day in my youth. Classic movies.

4 Likes

So, a wawg? (Half woman, half dog?)

4 Likes

My guess is it was for an SG outfit. Great re-use value if it is!

2 Likes

own best friend

6 Likes

Isn’t the original, “mog”?
So wouldn’t wog or fhog be more correct?
I feel likw wawg is to pawg as ssbbw is to bbw…(at least in terms of abbreviations.)

1 Like

That’s. Awesome.

1 Like

Ooops! Didn’t mean it like that; I recall John Candy’s Barf was a mawg (spelled that way), so I just kind of. . .well, you get it I’m sure.

You fools! You only captured their stunt doubles!

4 Likes

Makes me wish I believed in reincarnation. Then at least we know he would be coming back.

1 Like

My favorite line is:

3 Likes