The more Instagram followers you have the more free sushi you get at one restaurant

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/22/the-more-instagram-followers-y.html

2 Likes

Please do not eat free sushi

9 Likes

Let’s go get sushi and not pay.

7 Likes

Suppose you’re thinkin’ about a plate of shrimp. Suddenly someone’ll say, like, “plate,” or “shrimp,” or “plate of shrimp” out of the blue, no explanation.

7 Likes

I’m not on Instagram, but what will 6 “Great Reply” badges from BoingBoing get me?

14 Likes

An old dank carpet. Served inside a locked dirty safe.

16 Likes

This would only work if the sushi is good.

1 Like

Whuffie for Sushi !

1 Like

8 plates of sushi is less food than a lunch?

I have fewer than 300 followers. They let me take a free bite out of a piece and put it back on the tray.

5 Likes

I have none, will they prepare a roll and let me smell it?

3 Likes

Huh, so you can pay for food with “exposure”… :thinking:

4 Likes

No, you have to at least let them hear the sound of followers if you want to smell it.

1 Like

This place peddles some pretty horrific sushi concoctions, including this one with pink rice, some unspecified marmalade, cream cheese, cooked shrimp, avocado, flying fish roe, sriracha and gold plated sesame seeds. KILL IT WITH FIRE

16%20PM

2 Likes

this one is even worse. Nori, avocado, molten chocolate, cognac, strawberries, toasted cacao nibs, rice, salmon, and gold plated sesame seeds. I weep for you, Milan.

59%20PM

2 Likes

Can i pass? I’m going to pass.

4 Likes

My daughter was super excited about possible free sushi until I read her this. “What is WRONG with Milan!?”

6 Likes

I’m gonna give you 25 reputation economy stampmojis for your Whuffie reference.
I think Accelerando also starts off with some references to something similar. Recommended!

2 Likes

I’ve had better at the bait shop down on Palmetto Road…and it’s free!

1 Like

If that’s not the title of your autobiography, it’s a missed opportunity.

3 Likes