The most mindblowing photograph to emerge from the Nevada BLM/white militia standoff

Yea, right?
OTOH I love how the US makes it all have cake and eat it too abolishing statute of limitations on debt to them, no bankruptcy on student loans, and only allowing them to adverse posses property but never the other direction. Only the state and business seem to have many rights anymore. White rancher or driving while black, nobody can do anything unless your corporation can buy a senator with that green paper speech.

5 Likes

Actually, the real angle here is breaking the BLM control of federal lands. You really think it’s about cattle? You don’t think maybe there’s any fracking to be done on those lands?

6 Likes

[quote=“dobby, post:16, topic:28603, full:true”]
Mr44, seems you are right. Still spooked by the KC Jewish center/retirement home murder spree.I have not been online much this last week, getting up to date on this story I don’t see the racism angle as the header would suggest.
[/quote]No, you were right the first time. The only difference between the militia guys and the white power guys is how they publicly present themselves.

3 Likes

That’s a lot of assuming… Actual reporting would be finding that guy and asking him questions. There are a lot of things going on here, I’m not at all sure that this can all be described by the phrase, “white militia”…

But throwing out labels like ‘gun nut’, ‘white militia’, ‘racist’ etc. is so much easier, and plays more neatly into a comforting and familiar narrative.

2 Likes

In Cliven Bundy’s case, yes.

6 Likes

There’s all sorts of stuff going on here, none of it to do with fracking.

4 Likes

precog much?

1 Like

A white guy in Nevada claiming Ancestral Rights…Native Americans might have something to say about this…

22 Likes

I am actually pretty comfortable throwing out the label “gun nut” on this guy based on nothing other than this photograph.

13 Likes

Bunkerville, Nevada

We’re not just living in a simulation, the game designer was lazy.

8 Likes

Watch the language, son…

2 Likes

It is different because SWAT are law enforcement. This douche is not. They’re doing their job and he’s looking to get shot by the former.

5 Likes

Though unless we hear about him arrested or shot very soon it is Occam’s razor safe to then assume cop.

1 Like

Nevada also brought us the poor man’s Sarah Palin, Tea Party’s Sharron “black is the color of evil” Angle.

I don’t see a scope, just open sights.

I don’t know the specific state law on this, but I hope it is illegal for some random dude to point a rifle at a crowd of people, regardless of whether he has a scope.

White people are always in the wrong. Always. They’re just absolutely the worst.

Okay…heh, sorry, Xeni, I know you mean well, and I can see what you were getting at. Take a look at my profile; I’m probably the whitest person here and I ain’t even mad, just thought it was funny and decided to have a bit of fun with it.

Having said that, even though I live east of the Mississippi, Illinois is mostly farmland, and I can tell you there are people here who would be willing to go aim guns at the Feds. Scary stuff, yes; is it racially motivated, though?

We do have white supremacists here, and that’s part of the dislike, even hatred, of Obama. But that doesn’t tell the full story. The thing is, farmers already had a deep dislike of the Federal government. The number of regulations from the Federal level alone are mind-boggling. Farmers around here can have close to a million on the books for gross income, but end up being in the red on net income. Remember the freak-out they had over Obamacare? That was part of it; so, so many people here are just absolutely dirt poor, even though their gross is through the roof. The freakout over child labor standards being tightened on farms? That’s part of it, and to be honest, if I was a farmer, my kids would be gathering eggs and helping where they could. And regulations on everything can be a confusing mess, and they’ve had new regulations heaped on them over the past 6 years.

This guy seems to be a trouble-maker and an assholr, basically, but I can kinda get why they’re angry and misguided for multiple reasons other than that there’s a nigra in the White House.

No because white crazies with guns get handled with kid gloves as long as they aren’t Muslims.

7 Likes

Racially motivated or not, you can’t really dismiss race as an important element. When was the last time a black guy from the inner city got away with pointing a gun at law enforcement officers?

13 Likes

When’s the last time a group of inner-city punks gathered a small army to fight the Federal government?

I get that part, though. I’m actually surprised that the Feds haven’t started picking off people; the only thing I can figure is that they’re genuinely worried about it turning into an even bigger bloodbath if they start shooting, and a PR nightmare for starting a civil war over cattle.

The Feds don’t always let the white folks get away with anything and everything, though.

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/640x360xWaco-Texas-raid-.jpg.pagespeed.ic.PwYnPZ0XkD.jpg

1 Like