The most pretentious movie you like is

2 Likes

I think this is the funniest result I’ve been able to pull up out of movies I enjoy:

(That’s right: Luis Buñuel is apparently mass market.)

2 Likes

and @daneel and @cah

1 Like

Finally a result even @Donald_Petersen can likely agree with. (Watch, he’ll be one of the strange few who don’t think Waterworld was utter rubbish.)

1 Like

#Noooooooo!!!

3 Likes

It wasn’t! But we had this conversation before…

5 Likes

Which edition?

The one with the voiceover? Mass market trash.

3 Likes

There were so many good bits in there – if only they hadn’t given the smokers the d**n cigarettes. Set design, body-reclamation, small paranoid enclaves, etc etc etc.

3 Likes

#Soooo Pretentious!

1 Like

Let’s do this.

(The hell!!??)

(Double up on The Hell!!?)

1 Like

Was anybody able to finish this one?

7 Likes

To this day I’ve never forgiven Costner for singlehandedly murdering the big-budget postapocalyptic epic. Studios got allergic to those scripts, forgetting that it was Costner’s “vision” that ruined those movies’ profitability.

5 Likes

Did you hear there’s a new Mad Max coming out?

5 Likes

THE WORLD IS TOPSY TURVEY AND I DONT BELIEVE IN SANITY ANYMORE

7 Likes

That’s the new Tyler Pic with @japhroaig, innit?

Medea Goes to the Wasteland (the post-apocalyptic diary of a Mad Black Woman)

Are we in the wrong thread?

3 Likes

I think we Bork bork borked their site.

4 Likes

Had to try Akira Kirasawa’s Yojimbo, Seven Samurai and Hidden Fortress. I think Yojimbo is missing data, but the rest come up fairly pretentious… Niiiiiiiiice.

Interesting. Either it’s rubbish, or it’s great. One thing is certain, it’s mass market:

3 Likes

In other words, The Algorithm Needs Work.

7 Likes

Is it pretentious that I added a nettle tincture to my tea, I am pressing orchid flowers in Larousse Gastronomique, and am contemplating the pluses and minuses of various cast iron cauldrons?

Can I give Gwyneth Paltrow a run for her… I guess money is too banal… Heritage bee honey extract hand soaps made by indigenous badgers native to the French highlands?

3 Likes