The music behind the worst album covers ever

[Permalink]

2 Likes

My eyes! My ears!

I liked Rat On!..the pussy one, not so much.

3 Likes

According to wikipedia Heino has sold over 50 million records, go figure.
Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4X33xnSfC0&t=2m37s :confused:

1 Like

Zip Zap Rap…beautiful!

1 Like

i enjoyed that one the most I think.

1 Like

I’ll forgive Kevin Rowland a lot.

1 Like

Heino didn’t belong on that list at all. The man is a legend.

Nigel Pepper Cock is the most terrifying thing that I have ever seen.

6 Likes

Some of these are exactly what you’d expect from the album covers. Some of these are rather… disturbing.

I liked a lot more of these than I was expecting.

3 Likes

A very ugly album cover, but a really good blues/funk/hard rock album.

1 Like

6 Likes

I imagine heaven as the entire Deutsche Grammophon catalog and nothing but the finest equipment on which to listen.

I’m thinking hell involves a beat-up Sears record player on an endless loop of the religious clips from that compendium.

5 Likes

I suppose i can’t unheard and unsee any of that, can I. You are killing me, the boing! Why?

2 Likes

The headlines read,
“These are the best of times.”
I do believe it’s true.

2 Likes

Let’s remember the heights of Kevin Rowlands career with Jocky Jackie Wilson Said

2 Likes

Hard to judge the music on such skimpy samples, but it didn’t seem that terrible to me. Most of it seemed perfectly serviceable examples of music that’s not exactly trendy these days. Nice to finally get to hear The Editors.

2 Likes

Two girls, one french horn?

OK, Dan Crary has the world’s worst combover but he is actually a fairly respected flat picking guitarist. His album Guitar was a watershed in new bluegrass and included participation from the likes of Bela Fleck, Mark O"Connor and Sam Bush.

Banana dick guy, on the other hand, is something else. Send that one to Doctorow.

2 Likes

And Dan Crary. Dan Crary is fucking awesome.

3 Likes