The N.R.A. Provides the Solution to North Korea's Nuclear Weapons

Lissen, there’s perfectly non-violent uses of a nuclear weapon, and a sound suppressor for it.

4 Likes

After all, the original NRA was a gun safety group which pushed restricting firearms. And surprise surprise, it was in the Reagan era when it became a patsy of the small arms makers.

5 Likes

Indeed, I was surprised how far back it goes. I wonder how come it is so powerful? One of the top three Lobbies; I guess that the Military/Industial Complex doesn’t count, but that still puts it rubbing shoulders with Big Oil and Big Pharma.

So because some nut wants to drop a nuke, I’m prevented from using my H-bomb for peaceful hunting purposes?

4 Likes

1 Like

If anyone is interested in how this happened, the Washington Post ran a good overview a few years ago.

I thought part of it was some NRA executive stating that semi-automatic weapons had no sporting use during a hearing before the '94 Assault Weapons Ban, but I can’t find a source.

1 Like

Cf. Armadillo Schwarz in “The Ungoverned” by Vernor Vinge

LA BOMBA
(Tonio K.)

(sung–more or less–in spanish)

for the gringos: la bomba
for the russians: la bomba (the solution)
both countries are crazy, stupid or both
i don’t know…and why not?

i’m not a coward
i’m not a woman
i ain’t no termite
no idiot, no homo, no burro
i’m the comico atómico

ay la bomba

for the chinese: la bomba
the french: la bomba (and the english)
the jews and the indians
everybody’s crazy but me…

where’s my bomb
i want a bomb of my own
a small bomb
a handsome bomb for me
for me…
ay la bomba

“It is now every nation’s right to obtain a full nuclear arsenal with long-range missile capabilities.”

In fairness, this does appear to be the de facto position which the world’s leaders have arrived at over the last couple of decades.

It’s ‘interesting’ how the general stance in the US on gun control shifted after the Black Panthers disbanded in the mid-70’s, as they were very pro gun ownership as a way for black people to stand up to police oppression.

It’s an interesting test; what does America love more, racism or guns?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.