The National Park Service's version of the FBI is no joke

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/17/the-national-park-services-v.html

6 Likes

Sullivan recently reassigned the cold case to her son.

Thanks, Mom…

16 Likes

This would make an interesting setting for a tv show

10 Likes

If they were bigger they could fund it themselves like the USPIS did.

2 Likes

25 Likes

This sounds like a job I would love.

4 Likes

nice reference @HMSGoose

6 Likes

The perfect job for people that love to hike and solve murders.

7 Likes

I remember a story about guys who had the nads to actually plant a weed farm inside a national park, and then festooned it with booby-traps. Are we getting close to a plot yet?

3 Likes

A plot about a plot? I like it.

4 Likes

But once they put on googley-eyes all bets are off.

6 Likes

yup, definitley days that I should have pursued the park ranger route.

Likewise, my wife had an opportunity after college to work in a forest service animal forensics lab (for poaching and other causes of death). she also wonders what path that would have taken here.

Ha, we still might have met…

2 Likes

The NPS is my next door neighbor. They are a for profit corruption that doesn’t give a loose shit about parks, people or America.

3 Likes

A few weeks ago when I reentered Yellowstone through the north entrance, there were three cameras on the entry kiosk, and one aimed directly at the driver at eye level. Wondered if they are doing facial recognition.

1 Like

Along the same lines of weird federal roles, the US Marshals service handles law enforcement for US bases in Antarctica.

1 Like

I know at least a couple of them do live streaming; I have the one for Old Faithful bookmarked:

1 Like

I think that’s pretty common. Earlier this year I chatted with a DEA agent whose job is to go out in the woods and find these people. He says they’re all over.

Hopefully creeping legalization will put an end to this, because these illegal pot growers are ecologically devastating.

2 Likes

Isn’t it a plot (story) about a plot (plan) to plant a plot (field)?

2 Likes

https://www.nps.gov/yose/learn/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm

this is a law & order series waiting to happen

1 Like