The new insurrectionist-packed House Judiciary Committee is a circus

Originally published at: The new insurrectionist-packed House Judiciary Committee is a circus | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Black And White Vintage GIF by Okkult Motion Pictures

25 Likes

“He said the rule would give members “the ability to invite inspirational constituents” to be able to share and lead in the pledge.”

11 Likes

And this is what we’re gong to get for the next two years: in-it-for-myself populist idiots like this pompadour-sporting wastrel focusing on inconsequential issues intended to garner maximum outrage from the far-right base.

Progress has officially ground to a halt until we can throw these bums out.

17 Likes

I’d far rather see them individually repeat their Oath of Office. Maybe it would actually sink in.

15 Likes

https://www.congress.gov/member/matt-gaetz/G000578?q={"sponsorship"%3A"sponsored"}

Not a single piece of substantial legislation has been sponsored and passed by the Honorable Gentleman.

He doesn’t seem to enjoy working for his constituents much.

15 Likes

Reminder:

the whole point of this nonsense is to get sound/video bites for RW media to show how “unamerican” the Democrats are if they object.

21 Likes

Gonna be a long two years.

Amen. I’m already exhausted by this bullshit and they’ve not even gotten started yet.

13 Likes

Why not charge the insurrectionists instead?

16 Likes

Did I miss the news coverage of the Republicans doing that? I searched but found no video of it and no articles about it.

2 Likes

I’d prefer to see Gaetz give an oath before he’s questioned by the prosecution.

11 Likes

They did in 2017. Lotta good that did. I have seen no evidence that they went through with it after the Speaker election clown show.

4 Likes

it is already on Newsmax that this is all a “show” by Democrats.
(Note: clicking link will take you to Newsmax story, just a heads up)

3 Likes

which did not actually happen. first lie in a long string, mr speaker.

2 Likes

Paula White’s rhythm is quite good; but her Enochian pronunciation is shite.

I would like to see them taking the oath as defendants in a court of law.

@johnson At 4,543 words long, I’m sure the Constitution is way beyond the attention span of these yahoos.

Indeed, that’s their plan; exhaust the opposition. It is pigeons playing chess; only the pigeon are greed, hypocritical wastes of human flesh.

Best Coke GIFs | Gfycat

5 Likes

At the very least, everyone in the insurrection caucus should have to stay after sessions to write it out on chalkboard line-by-line 100 times.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.