The next few months are going to be amazing for Nintendo Switch ports

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/02/the-next-few-months-are-going.html

2 Likes

It’s more of puzzle then strategy game. The first one of the rebooted series was better but no where near as good as the original games.

1 Like

Strategy games are just puzzles with RNG.

Might be but I usually don’t notice it. In XCOM 2 the move limits made it really clear that I was playing a puzzle game. When done right that works like in Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines and It’s sequals.

If you don’t have one, good luck funding one without paying almost double the MSRP. Last Sunday I was lucky enough to be in a Target when they put some out. They had 4 units. Instant impulse buy right there. They sold the rest in 5 minutes.

3 Likes

Looks like at one point (2018) someone ported MAME to the switch. That would make it worth my time, maybe.

1 Like

Forgive my noob-iness, but how does one “port” to the Switch? I’ve been just buying indie games from the Nintendo Estore, but I’d love to be able to play steam-purchased games.

If u want to play the original megaman games i suggest geting the Legasy colection games

One doesn’t do. The porting is done by the developers, not by people who just have a Switch. Games that have come out on other platforms, including a good chunk games you can get on Steam, are then reworked by their developers to bring them to the Switch. And sometime vice versa.

Also, with varying degrees of success; take Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden for example. Something went very wrong with that one, at least at launch. I haven’t checked lately to see if it has been patched.

1 Like

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.