The Night is Short, Walk on Girl is an anime about a psychedelic night in Kyoto

Originally published at: The Night is Short, Walk on Girl is an anime about a psychedelic night in Kyoto | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I absolutely love this film. It’s silly and meandering in the best possible way, and the animation is stunning. The Sophist dance gets me every time.

5 Likes

Oh boy, that looks funski!

1 Like

One of my favorites and the series, Tatami Galaxy, that it’s based on. The Gion district of Kyoto is replicated masterfully here. Top 10.

1 Like

It’s a great movie, and if you enjoy it, I’d also highly recommend the same author + director combo in The Tatami Galaxy, which is a TV series set in the same universe and with some of the same characters (…sort of; you’ll see what I mean).

2 Likes

This is very interesting looking. I dunno if I will rent it, but I will keep my eye out for it.

1 Like

It’s on HBO Max, if you have that subscription, it would cost nothing extra.

2 Likes

The music feels very much like the Seat Belts’ stuff in FLCL; that’s promising.

You know, I think a friend offered to let me use his to watch The Snyder Cut of Justice League…

1 Like

It’s not often I watch a film twice in one day, but I caught this while recovering from back surgery a while ago and made my partner watch it as soon as she got home. So good. If you have any love for anime at all you need to see this ASAP.

2 Likes

not about how to get drunk and be popular?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.