The nothing machine is worth every penny

Originally published at: The nothing machine is worth every penny | Boing Boing

4 Likes

You’re getting a small capsule container for 25c, might be worth it if you actually need it for something.

10 Likes

Ugh, I’m already full of nothing, why would I want to buy more? I’ve got all the bleak, eternal void you could possibly want right here.

13 Likes

Shouldn’t you wait until Black Friday for this? – that’s “Buy Nothing Day” for the protestors of it.

9 Likes

I’ve got plenty of nothing! Luckily, nothing’s plenty for me.

4 Likes

We likely still have a bunch of those containers floating about in a junk drawer somewhere; from back in the day when my kid was into Squinkies…

9 Likes

My kid insisted we get a car from one of our local pizza joints in the quarter machine… It was one of the ones that you’d pull back and it would drive off… I think we ended up with like 30 of those things…

5 Likes

Oscar Wilde said a cynic is someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. I don’t know enough to talk about everything’s price but I do know the value of nothing. It’s worth nothing and if you pay more you are ripped off.

Machine’s cute.

5 Likes

I though I was buying nothing, but I got a capsule full of air.

I demand a refund!

9 Likes

Despite selling nothing, I bet that machine is always full.

1 Like

Business opportunities! I can see these on every corner of the USA :us:! Oh, wait we already have a “whole lotta nothing” thingy in the USA :us:

And the good thing is, nothing lasts forever.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Ugh, our house has similar things hidden in every single place you could possibly imagine. Need to get behind the lizard tank? “Hatchimal”…
Trying to plug a plug in behind a couch? Toy from a kinder egg…

So much little plastic crap.

2 Likes

I always thought the capsule was the best part. My sister and I made mini terrariums, pill bug holders, and toy UFOs. I have memory of the off-brand Barbies all having space helmets that also doubled as whole-head hairdryers.

My mother was loath to let us spend any money on such things, but those capsules weren’t impossible to find, and they were always treasures for what they could be used for or contain after the fact.

They are only selling nothing to those with a quarter and little imagination or whimsy.

3 Likes

5 Likes

The real Nothing Machine?
http://www.thenothingmachine.com/

2 Likes

When I was a kid I treasured cast off 35mm film canisters, which were the perfect containers for… well, something I’m sure.

I was thinking how kids these days miss out, but I guess they still have gumball machine capsules.

4 Likes

Somehow this seems like it would be better if the capsules were just for show and when you turn the handle, literally nothing at all comes out. People couldn’t exactly complain, it says what it is right on the sign.