The One Million Moms hate groups is triggered by fruit bowls

I don’t usually go in for packaged fruit, but I do believe this weekend I’ll be working on a recipe for an alcoholic beverage mixed with Dole fruit bowls. I plan to call it miserable million moms mix.

14 Likes

Rupert Giles, you dog, you! No wonder you got assigned to Sunnydale!

9 Likes

Oh yeah

5 Likes

As far as I’m concerned, that group can go fruit-bowl themselves

18 Likes

I think those ads are delightful. Ha!

7 Likes

I strongly support the right of the American People to eat fruit bowls.

4 Likes

I think it would be cool if we could just ignore these cumquats and let them die of attention starvation… The only people who still think the right has any claim to morality are amoral cumquats, and I am tired of them expecting me to respect their ridiculous opinions.

3 Likes

That’s how you teach kids to want to spell

9 Likes

Hey I never would’ve seen these cute ads had it not been for this hate campaign. Thanks, Million Moms! Streisand Effect strikes again.

6 Likes

Sounds kinda kinky…

:wink:

13 Likes

My first thought was seeing his inner bad boy in “Band Candy.” He and Joyce sure seemed to be having fun…wait, when did Buffy’s little sister show up? :thinking:

4 Likes

35 Likes
19 Likes

In college we called kegs “fruit cups.” Don’t remember how that phrase was settled upon. Kegs were illegal in the dorms, and it took some planning to sneak them in and announce the party, so the simple code was adopted to just tell everyone the party would have fruit cup.

Its a shame the one million moms didn’t find out and boycott us, it would have made it so much easier to spread the word.

12 Likes

I bet $20 someone in marketing did something similar. Maybe someone you know?

PS what kind of scientist, or is that just a user name. (I am actually a mister, and will be 44 for a few more months…)

3 Likes

So then you’ve missed the South Park reference to a fruit bowl?

Nothing to do with producing fruit. I’m a neuroethologist. Neuro referring to the nervous system. Ethology is the study of natural behavior. Degrees in cognitive neuroscience, psychology, and biology but really was always studying neurobiology – there just isn’t a department called that most places.

You’re account is 7 years old. If you were 37 then, why did you go with “Mister44”?

8 Likes

Yeah, if anything, this is an example of how clever advertisers are. (I would love to see a video of the “Mad Men”-type pitch meeting and how they worked through the concept.)

They are literally substituting their product in place of: children, sexual relations, cursing.

But they’re doing it in such a playful way, all you can do is shrug, uh, unless you’re a christian evangelical that sees satanism lurking in all dark corners of fruit bowls.

2 Likes

Fruit Bowls? You gotta try 'em!

5 Likes

I sat down to watch an episode of South Park for the first time. It was Mr. Hanky, the Christmas Poo. I never watched another episode again because… ewwww.

5 Likes