The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes

I think we are up to 3(?) antitrust litigations against Mylan, etc. over their various epipen shenanigans. Pretty freaking disgusting.

9 Likes

Whenever someone says Texass, it makes me think Devo pronounced it that way in Space Junk on purpose.

9 Likes

“Oh, listen to that, he’s threatening me! Hey sparkles, here’s the deal. You want to get back to ass-place, ass-berg.”

“Asgard!”
“Any contender who defeats my champion, their freedom they shall win.”

"Fine, then point me in the direction of whoever’s ass I have to kick!

11 Likes

Yeah, ‘Don’t mess with Texas’ has taken on a whole new meaning for me; like, don’t ever go there, and don’t spend any money there.

16 Likes

Trump just endorsed the guy with the restraining order against him.

PA Senate campaign for Pat Toomey’s open seat.

13 Likes

The entire family was involved in the grift. Manchin’s wife worked to get epipens required at all public schools before the price hike too.

14 Likes

Andrew Sullivan. The book review.

9 Likes

576 pages of Andrew Sullivan?!

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

Great review though. The Baffler has been running some great stuff lately.

7 Likes

Better flush 14 times. Some of those turds are stubborn.

13 Likes

I recall this bathroom graffito from my days at UT-Austin:

Here I sit
Bowels a-flexin’
Just gave birth
To another Texan

For context, this was in the building that housed the Philosophy department.

(P.S. From the same building: someone scratched out the “Do not throw objects into toilet” sign to read “Do not row in toilet”)

ETA: Right after I posted, then I got to this nugget*

*Pun unintended but I’ll go with it anyway

10 Likes

Solid burn.

Have you ever seen the one that starts “Those who write on bathroom walls
”

I mean, I never have, personally; but I head about it

:wink:

13 Likes
14 Likes
17 Likes

Rachel and Kim,
sitting in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Sorry
Not sorry

9 Likes

It’s worth noting that in the video, Kim (or his body double) is wearing a tan suit.

14 Likes
18 Likes

Back when the mainstream right-wing (whatever that means anymore) understood things

(From wayback)

Same guy, now:

And

A longer read on this

16 Likes

Federalist, you don’t say,

“ Right Hand Man

Washington struggled with protecting his army with variolation for over a year, vigilantly quarantining smallpox-infected men. Finally, before he had congressional approval, he ordered mass inoculation. His orders were questioned, but his right hand man Alexander Hamilton eloquently defended him against his own generals. You might consider it one of our country’s first responses to immunization hesitancy:

“In a letter Just received from Colonel Ward, there appears to be an objection made against innoculating his regiment
 His Excellency desires that this objection, with respect to Colonel Wards regiment, should cease; and that they may immediately be admitted to the benefit of innoculation, in the usual proportion. He begs also that the present opportunity, while the roads continue incommodious for any movements of the enemy, may be improved to the greatest advantage, as we do not know how long it may last; and shall have no time to spare, even if the utmost diligence is used. There is no need to wait precisely for the moment the Hospital becomes vacant, before the infection is communicated to others. Four or five days before one set is fit to leave it, another set may be preparing to go in; which would save a great deal of time, and forward the business exceedingly. Let this be urged upon the Doctors, and every thing else done which may be conducive to dispatch, in a matter of so great importance.””

———-
In 1813, almost a century after Cotton Mather’s information- driven efforts to end the smallpox outbreak in Boston, President James Madison signed into law the first major vaccine policy in the United States. Entitled An Act to Encourage Vaccination, it created a National Vaccine Agency and made the shipping of vaccine materials through the U.S. postal service free, so all Americans could benefit no matter where they lived or what their circumstances.

——

• John Jay – having a brother and sister that were both blinded by natural smallpox infections, you would expect that he would be in favor of vaccinations and he did indeed inoculate his own children Maria, Nancy and Sally Jay against smallpox

3. At the end of November, Sarah Jay, learning that “the famous Inoculator, Dr. Sutton” was in Paris, had her young daughters inoculated, hoping that her husband would approve. He did. Maria was not yet two years old (xl, 322), and Ann was born on Aug. 13 while the family was staying with bf at Passy (xl, 180n). Both girls developed high fevers and a mild outbreak of pox, but were out of danger by mid-December. The Dr. Sutton in question may have been Daniel (ODNB), a prominent member of the family well known for its inoculation clinics in England and Europe: Jay Papers, iii, 480, 521–2, 531–2; HervĂ© Bazin, The Eradication of Smallpox 
 (San Diego, San Francisco, and New York, 2000), pp. 16–18.
——/

Well Ben. That’s all the authors of the Federalist Papers.

16 Likes
9 Likes

Damn.

Reminds me of the shiver I get whenever I see one of these, and wonder when someone’s going to act out on its message like that.

15 Likes