The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes

Clarification: He says Hitler was “unproductive”, so…homelessness makes you a mad, genocidal dictator. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

And

12 Likes

Horrifyingly, this is the better of our two senators. No, really. :woman_facepalming:t2:

16 Likes

A man charged with making pipe bombs in his mother’s house in Wilder owned Nazi paraphernalia and spoke about killing Black people and Democrats, federal prosecutors allege.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office charged William Hillard, 51, on Thursday with illegally possessing an explosive device and a firearm. The federal complaint followed a raid of the house on Wednesday by local, state and federal authorities, during which they found a semiautomatic rifle adorned with “WHITE POWER” and skull stickers.

Hillard cannot legally possess firearms due to a 1997 felony conviction in New Hampshire for possessing an explosive device. Hillard told police that he amassed the weaponry to protect himself from “Antifa” or “other Democrat-affiliated extremist groups,” in anticipation of “societal unrest,” court papers state.

14 Likes

Get ready for another wave of COVID fun folks.

Fly the infected skies!

15 Likes

11 Likes

This has DeSantis stink all over it.

8 Likes

It took an annoyingly long time to find the correct reference in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), but I’m pretty sure this is the language being disputed:

§ 70.2 Measures in the event of inadequate local control.

Whenever the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention determines that the measures taken by health authorities of any State or possession (including political subdivisions thereof) are insufficient to prevent the spread of any of the communicable diseases from such State or possession to any other State or possession, he/she may take such measures to prevent such spread of the diseases as he/she deems reasonably necessary, including inspection, fumigation, disinfection, sanitation, pest extermination, and destruction of animals or articles believed to be sources of infection.

Emphasis mine.
It’s weird because the articles mention some “law” but this is not a law. CDC doesn’t make laws, they need to administer the laws passed by Congress wherever those laws fall under the purview of their organization…so the wording in the articles confused me.

I can’t believe the lawyers couldn’t shift the debate away from the definition of “sanitation” and on to the broader phrasing which makes it clear this is a partial list. Also, looking through the whole Public Health Service portion of this regulation is really depressing. It leaves out SO much. :frowning:

Anyway, this is just like them striking down the OSHA mandate. It’s a bullshit ruling that uses weaselly logic to ignore the intent of the law, which is actually quite clear.

12 Likes

The Code is based on

Here’s the judgement itself per CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/19/politics/read-cdc-mask-mandate-ruling/index.html

It seems the government themselves argued for it as a “sanitation” measure, being stuck with a fairly limited scope for the granted powers due to previous caselaw.

7 Likes

Thanks. I’d found the code (and, agreed, it’s really eye-opening to see how limited it is!), but I hadn’t found the ruling for this case. Should be an interesting and frustrating read, I’m sure.

6 Likes

Florida threatens to terminate Disney World’s special self-governed district

[…]

Variety says this would all be a “complex undertaking,” which is the nice way of saying that it would be a total shitshow for everyone involved—and a shitshow at least partially motivated by spite at that. For one thing, the Osceola and Orange counties that neighbor the Reedy Creek district would suddenly be responsible for maintaining its utilities. Also, knowing Disney, it probably has some contingency plan that would involve the whole Reedy Creek area rocketing up into space like the city in Avengers: Age Of Ultron .

[…]

12 Likes

New, Somehow Even Dumber Convoy Commits Felony By Blocking One Of Many Entrances To Disney World

11 Likes

Something something cancel culture…

11 Likes
17 Likes

That’s fucking goofy!

23 Likes

Traitors say the wierdest things.

8 Likes

Bill Murray Sigh GIF by Groundhog Day

10 Likes

Saying ANYTHING for votes.

In further idiocracy…

13 Likes

from the Newsweek article:
State Senator Jeff Brandes, a Republican, also expressed worries over Disney’s liabilities, saying: “My concern is this bill essentially wipes away Disney’s $2 billion of debt,” adding: “If the legislative intent here is ultimately to attack them, then why would we want to cancel $2 billion of debt?”
emphasis mine.
legislative intent to attack. wow.
attack. attack the single largest employer in the state. and we wonder why the rest of the world thinks florida is stupid?
when has it ever been the purview of a state legislature to attack private business?
y’all don’t waste any time busting out that bugs bunny gif, i’ll do it for you, this time:

Cutting Bugs Bunny GIF

18 Likes

I don’t know the regional breakup in regards to politics but I’ll go out on a limb and assume that the butt of the tax burden, Orange and Osceola counties, have voters DeSantis doesn’t care about.

15 Likes