The Ongoing Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes

6 Likes

Some of those people had to move several times thanks to Jones’ goonstans threatening them.

10 Likes

“Only one senator, Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.), opposed the ratification. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), meanwhile, voted “present.”

Oh, Josh.

Also- you should not be allowed to vote present. Go home if you’re not going to vote.

16 Likes

Highly unlikely.

8 Likes

It’s a sign that they’re shifting further into right-wing populist territory. Fascism in the U.S. partially expresses itself through isolationism and through the cultivation of useful idiots on the far left (the original “America First” movement did both). The unspoken assumption is that they’ll go back to warmongering once they’ve consolidated power and once they’ve come to an “understanding” with other countries about spheres of influence.

What’s really weird is to see the son-in-law of the late John “Bomb-Bomb Iran” McCain making that statement.

9 Likes

Putting this here because CPAC.

13 Likes

14 Likes

Pro-Trump clothing company fined for replacing the ‘Made in China’ labels with ‘Made in USA’ labels, which were also probably made in China.

22 Likes

The think tank trying to provide an intellectual justification for MAGAt fascism.

14 Likes

Right. Because the Hoover Institution is not far right enough for these people. :rage:

17 Likes

It won’t sink them. The backers behind them (Erik Prince et al) will wire some dark money. Still, nice!

18 Likes
12 Likes

And @Doctor_Faustus - your conversation is one of the reasons I like it here so much. It’s a complex and touchy issue, but I got to learn about it instead of watch others get defensive and hurl insults. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Reading through, a huge difference btwn our current military engagements and ones like Kathy’s father (and my grandfather) engaged in, is that back then, the entire country was asked to chip in so we were all kind of in it together, so there had to be a really convincing reason to get involved.
Nowadays, most USians don’t even know where all we’re engaged and don’t need to be in favor, yet still we send our young people over to fight and die.
Imagine if we were asked to ration sugar or rubber or, heaven forbid, limit our meat consumption, in support of today’s wars. I think we’d be in fewer conflicts, and the modern concept held by some of combat soldiers as paid mercenaries who (largely) just had little other choice would quickly shift back to them being fighting for honorable causes.

20 Likes

Here’s a non-paywall verison:

https://archive.ph/5Wc3e

6 Likes

I’m not american, I don’t recognise him, unless
 is he the manly man who wrote a book about how to be a better weasel?

4 Likes

Josh Hawley.

Recently famous for running away from the mob on January 6th after the above photo was taken.

12 Likes

Yes, I got it now.
And the author of the book “How to be a better Asshole.”
Or something like that.

ETA. Just Wiki’d him, spent five minutes with the mouthwash, then discovered I’ve mixed him up with some other idiot. He has not written a book. Or a post-it. Perhaps a sick-note, not sure.

7 Likes

No, I think you remembered right. Josh Hawley’s Manhood hasn’t been revealed to the world yet but unfortunately he plans to change that soon.

12 Likes

Ah, yes, that is the same weasel.
I posted about it elsewhere on BB, but can’t be arsed to look for it now.
Thanks, chenille, for the reminder.

10 Likes

Additionally- Tucker didn’t attend either Harvard or Yale. He attended Trinity College in Connecticut.

18 Likes