The Onion reviews 'Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/24/the-onion-reviews-mamma-mia.html

5 Likes

I don’t know about Mama Mia! Here We Go Again, but I give that review a full 5 stars!

25 Likes

He’s absolutely right. The people who hated on Avatar are broken inside.

4 Likes

I know he was the last airbender fer christsakes, he could save the world and bring unity to the four nations!

4 Likes

Best movie trailer ever!

2 Likes

Fantastic.

I’d really love to see this guy’s take on raw vegetable platters.

9 Likes

And to this gentleman I ask, yeah so?

1 Like

I don’t know why the little headshake at the end made me laugh so hard.

9 Likes

I’ll forget my bitterness over the loss of Jim Anchower for more brilliance like this.

2 Likes

Yay! I’m a husk person!

2 Likes

1st - This is basically a Bollywood movie. All the melodrama. 2nd - why do I get so mawkish and heartful and tear jerky on these things even when it is a happy ending. As a guy who isn’t at all stereotypically “soft” in look or nature I find this troubling to what I’ve been taught according to my toxically masculine peers.

I think it might be me thinking of my parents - that once they were young and full of energy and carelessness, then they took on the responsibility of a life, and then finally are aged and not the youthful stars of their youth. But I guess the ending to “Up!” Sheds light on that.

5 Likes

It’s okay, feels are good!

Oh how i wish more men would admit to having them.

6 Likes

17 Likes

Exclusive backstage photos of Cher getting in costume.

7 Likes

Or were just confused how Kevin Costner and Mary McDonnell had turned Blue.

1 Like

The ending headshake was the narrator’s replacement for a facially expressed ellipses . . . A facial tsk tsk. . . Perfecto!

Oh i just realized it’s my cake day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

tumblr_no2hkwGLBa1tfbtrwo1_500

5 Likes

It’s like this Peter Rosenthal guy is a cross between Jesus Christ and Santa Claus - he always knows what I’m doing and can read me like a book.

And he is disappointed.

peter%20rosenthal

3 Likes

Fucking “Up!”, man, why did you have to go there… :cry::cry::cry:OOH, A SQUIRREL!!!

4 Likes

I wonder what was the makeup and corset budget needed to reanimate the corpse of Cher?

1 Like