The origin of the Compubody Sock

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/18/the-origin-of-the-compubody-so.html

3 Likes

Maybe no one took your backpack because they thought it could be a bomb?

When you’ve gone over something again and again and again and again, like I have, certain questions get answered. Others spring up. Your mind plays tricks on you. You play tricks back. It’s like you’re unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting!

10 Likes

The more I look at that thing the funnier it is to me.

I love that she used it to recount an embarrassing story. The silliness of it really adds to the overall shame.

4 Likes

That thought crossed my mind as well! It was only a couple blocks from the recent Chelsea dumpster explosion.

2 Likes

It reminds me of my childhood, reading books at night in a jacket or blanket so that my parents wouldn’t see my flashlight. XD

4 Likes

I watched the first season of SNL and listened to Dr. Demento that way. Oh… and read Lovecraft.

3 Likes

Beck or Becky?

Love your work.

I do have a piece of paper in my wallet.

For what it’s worth I tend to scatter them about; one in the wallet, one loose in the bag, one with the camera, etcetera. I also have an email address just for such things.

Enid Blyton, Kenneth Grahame, Beatrix Potter, Susan Cooper, JRR Tolkien; they’re all authors that I met by torchlight under the blankets.

4 Likes

I have considered looking for something along these lines so I could see my phone screen in sunlight.

How do the kids do it anyway?

3 Likes

The key to digital photography: “film” is free, so take a dozen shots. One of 'em will be okay.

This was taken on my phone last week, in lighting that prevented me from seeing the screen:

4 Likes

And, for me, there was also Black Sabbath on the Close-n-Play.

I was thinking more of the problem of calling someone when I can’t see my contact list. I suppose I might adopt a variation of your technique.:grin:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.