The Philly cop who brutally pepper sprayed peaceful protestors turned himself in

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/22/the-philly-cop-who-brutally-pe.html

8 Likes

Cool. Now do thousands of other police officers.

49 Likes

One ‘bad apple’ down; the rest of the entire orchard still to go…

45 Likes

Strange, the were apparently kneeling in the middle of the highway, but yet still more in danger from police assault than the cars.

24 Likes

Ooh… is he a good apple or a bad apple?

I know!!!

I shall call him Red Delicious!!! Shiny, candy apple red on the outside, tough waxy unpleasant skin, and a mealy bland juiceless flesh on the inside.

26 Likes

Hey now! A good red delicious can be crispy on the inside, you just have to buy the right ones.

Otherwise… 100% totally correct, the apple presented in this video was mushy and rotten to the core.

7 Likes

Clearly the cop’s goal is just to cause pain and distress, not to actually clear the roadway. It’s the same with that video from the other day where the feds beat and spray the Navy vet. They’re just attacking him to hurt him. None of their violence is in pursuit of some greater law enforcement goal.

26 Likes

You could see the shock on their faces when he just took it without faltering.

Now I want to see someone run ads featuring him, and a clip of that footage. I want him to make a clear delineation of what the difference between the real military and the civilian police force is.

31 Likes

police unions - its time throw these guys under the bus

22 Likes

I can’t stand by while somebody defends the Red Delicious apple. Maybe a good one exists somewhere, but you’d have to eat a lot of shitty apples to find it.

15 Likes

I agree with you, but I also feel that police are entitled to the benefits of collective bargaining and union representation, just like any other type of worker. Something about the way business and government intersect in this country eventually turns every union toxic.

ETA: Also, everyone is entitled to a fair trial with legal representation. It’s just that our laws regarding police are bonkers in this country, and union lawyers know how to work them.

8 Likes

Do you mean that the unions should throw these guys under the bus? Or that the police unions should be thrown under the bus?

I support unionization, but police unions exemplify everything that is wrong with unions, along with very few of the positives. I’d feel differently if they weren’t full of jack-booted Nazis that provide cover to white supremacists acting as state-sponsored terrorists.

Yeah - it sounds like hyperbole, but it’s not.

15 Likes

I agree that police unions are problematic in many areas, one being blind defense of cops acting badly.

But I also agree that police should have collective bargaining and representation. Perhaps disciplinary actions should just be outside of a police unions sphere of concern.

9 Likes

To each their own. I enjoy a good, crispy red delicious. And I have no trouble finding them, though I agree they do tend towards the mushy end of things, which are inedible.

2 Likes

That’s the problem. Unions yes; criminal unions of violent police, no. Let him pay his own legal fees.

7 Likes

They also represent what happens when a union goes bad, just the outcome is so much worse in the case of police. But any union defending illegal acts should be disbanded automatically.

8 Likes

Strange, I thought they usually preferred titles like Grand Dragon Wizard or something. At least the name of the organization is on point.

8 Likes

A bunch of FOPs? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

nah, they don’t have the fashion sense.

2 Likes

Police unions are illigitimate. They have no solidarity with labor.

15 Likes