The Priest, The Lawyer, and the Atheist (A joke)

So I’ve been reading The Anarchists of Casas Viejas by Jerome R. Mintz. The book deals with the Andalusian workers and peasants who would participate in the Spanish Civil War. There’s a part in the book where Mintz talks about the role of religious authority and how it was regarded with cynicism even by many believers. The writer found time to put in one of the jokes they told. I simply had to share it:

The Atheist who was on the point of death called for a priest and a lawyer to be at his side. They were happy, since they assumed that he wanted to confess and make out his will. But when they came in, he said, “I don’t want to confess or make out my will. I just want to die as Christ did, between two thieves.”

8 Likes

mine’s not as good, but it’s my go-to for this type of joke:

a priest, a nun, and a rabbi walk into a bar. the bartender sez “what is this, a joke?”

it sort of loses something in writing…

then there’s the one from La Haine: someone tells a joke that doesn’t go over too well and you deadpan “I heard it with a rabbi.”

I thought I made that one up! I guess it wasn’t particularly original.

1 Like

haha you made funny

This topic was automatically closed after 1134 days. New replies are no longer allowed.