The Proclaimers fuelled Doctor Who-David Tennant era cast and crew wrap video

Originally published at: The Proclaimers fuelled Doctor Who-David Tennant era cast and crew wrap video | Boing Boing

15 Likes

Totes adorbs.

7 Likes

“The Proclaimers and their biggest fan” - my heart grew three sizes that day.

11 Likes

Well that gave me some much-needed cheer on this Monday morning! <3

5 Likes

That was Bernard Cribbins, wasn’t it?

This was him in 1966 when I was nine, with Peter Cushing…

images

11 Likes

That was… great :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That was a freakin’ delight!

3 Likes

I don’t have many videos saved in my YouTube “keeps” list. That’s been one of them for years. (I’m also rather partial to the “Ballad of Russell and Julie” but that probably requires more specific UK cultural knowledge.)

2 Likes
5 Likes

that was so great! were there any daleks, or did i just miss it?

1 Like

That’s what the Pond/Williams family does at Christmas when their daughter (not pictured) and their sons-in-law (only one shown; their daughter hasn’t met the older one yet) come over for a visit – dinner, karaoke, and music.

Time Lord family trees must get really crazy looking especially when the Doctor marries the daughter of the Doctor (who is also the Doctor’s daughter) and they have a kid who wants to become the Doctor. But that’s referring to different Doctors not the one shown in the clip.

3 Likes

C’mon BBC America, don’t be so stingy. We miss The Doctor.

1 Like

Inside the Doctor Who production team - it’s bigger than you expect, looking from the outside.

7 Likes

What a curious condition I must be in right now, as that left me kinda teary-eyed.

4 Likes

Congrats @jlw! Don’t worry about how or why things fly under your radar. Just be grateful to be one of today’s 10,000! Feels nice, don’t it?

5 Likes

It only slipped under the radar of everyone who does not watch the Doctor. This is old news to the loyalists.

vi3oy621tn0z

Not wanting to step on your joke but that was one of the things that surprised me… how small each of the production and post departments were. In particular sound, sfx and vfx - unless there was a lot of outsourcing?

6 Likes

Fun Fact: That is totally the way people walk in Scotland.

1 Like

After “the War Doctor” I couldn’t be bothered to ever watch again.