The REAL BBS of BBS

Yeah, I changed it because while “wrath” worked well for the posts it contains, “dizzy” was pretty nondescriptive. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The odd names were from a time when I absolutely 100% was planning to have BBS use a monospace font, light on dark, to resemble a real BBS from the olden days. So all the categories had five characters, for visual uniformity. “Dizzy” seemed good because it’s what happens when you boing around

41 Likes
16 Likes

Where is this magical place?

5 Likes

Well, it’s possible now with selectable themes thanks to @codinghorror and @sam

5 Likes

https://discuss.samsaffron.com … just putting this out there…

17 Likes

That is pure freaking awesome… this needs to be an available theme.

12 Likes

That is freaking amazing.

5 Likes

That’s basically it lol. Excellent work Sam!

6 Likes

Whenever I see this typeface I always head right to the inspector to see if it’s More Perfect VGA or Less Perfect VGA, so I know whether I’m dealing with a nerd or a geek. :smiley:

4 Likes

Well, if you want that old-school fix,
Monochrome is still up and running - while the website provides users with a browser terminal client for ease-of-access, optimal use still involves cracking open your favourite ANSI-capable terminal software and SSH-ing in directly, and thus use whichever fixed-width font you prefer.
But I digress. Again. :innocent:

Pretty sure Telnet access is deprecated nowadays, mind. (and it’s been decades since you were able to PAD in - hang on, there’s some danged kids on the lawn again… )

3 Likes

Egad, that sounded like advertising blurb - I know I was on a train and distracted, but still, absolutely no sales pitch intended or should be taken :slight_smile:

(Not even still active there, but glad it still lives)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.