The REAL BBS of BBS

Yeah, I changed it because while “wrath” worked well for the posts it contains, “dizzy” was pretty nondescriptive. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The odd names were from a time when I absolutely 100% was planning to have BBS use a monospace font, light on dark, to resemble a real BBS from the olden days. So all the categories had five characters, for visual uniformity. “Dizzy” seemed good because it’s what happens when you boing around

41 Likes
\ I want to go there!
16 Likes

Where is this magical place?

5 Likes

Well, it’s possible now with selectable themes thanks to @codinghorror and @sam

5 Likes

https://discuss.samsaffron.com … just putting this out there…

17 Likes

That is pure freaking awesome… this needs to be an available theme.

12 Likes

That is freaking amazing.

5 Likes

That’s basically it lol. Excellent work Sam!

6 Likes

Whenever I see this typeface I always head right to the inspector to see if it’s More Perfect VGA or Less Perfect VGA, so I know whether I’m dealing with a nerd or a geek. :smiley:

4 Likes

Well, if you want that old-school fix,
Monochrome is still up and running - while the website provides users with a browser terminal client for ease-of-access, optimal use still involves cracking open your favourite ANSI-capable terminal software and SSH-ing in directly, and thus use whichever fixed-width font you prefer.
But I digress. Again. :innocent:

Pretty sure Telnet access is deprecated nowadays, mind. (and it’s been decades since you were able to PAD in - hang on, there’s some danged kids on the lawn again… )

3 Likes

Egad, that sounded like advertising blurb - I know I was on a train and distracted, but still, absolutely no sales pitch intended or should be taken :slight_smile:

(Not even still active there, but glad it still lives)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.