The rich history of the Salisbury Steak dinner

Originally published at: The rich history of the Salisbury Steak dinner | Boing Boing

3 Likes

In an ironic twist of history, Hungry Man frozen Salisbury steak dinner is now one of the leading causes of diarrhea.

10 Likes

Now I want a Salisbury Steak. Dammit.

10 Likes

I used to work with a guy who ate a hungry man dinner every single day for lunch at his desk. Every. Day.
Hello hypertension, my old friend…

8 Likes

I just remember that diarrhea scene from Dumb and Dumber because that was when my father almost passed out from laughing when we watched that movie. Thats actually all I remember from that movie.

3 Likes

It’s actually kind of hilarious throughout in a ridiculous way.

I like when they ride the mini bike to Aspen.

5 Likes

6 Likes

My grandma used to make a terrific Salisbury steak. She learned it during the war when they couldn’t get good cuts of meat. Tenderize the hell of out of anything with one of those terrifying hammers, and it’s good!

7 Likes

And now a certain frozen food heir is spewing verbal diarrhea to incite white supremacists to start a new civil war. History is strange.

5 Likes

All the classics:

(To Hell and back with that sordid family.)

3 Likes

The introduction of ass-wiping probably did more to combat diarrhea than telling people to drink more coffee, but this is the guy who becomes a household name.

4 Likes

I was at a summer camp where our group’s horse ride was canceled because one of the horses had died the previous day. One of the adult leaders commented between bites at lunch that the horse’s name was Salisbury (yes, Salisbury steak was indeed the meal.) This made some of the other adult leaders cry, but every kid in the group laughed.

3 Likes

When I tried the Atkins Diet rigorously it gave me diarrhea, or something close to it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.