The right way to daydream

Originally published at: The right way to daydream | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I know I daydream way to much, but wow, that is sad.

5 Likes

They said I would “daydream” my life away, and here I am daydreaming my life away. No moral, just like that story.

12 Likes

Let’s all daydream…

3 Likes
3 Likes

…Me faz ver através das portas e até atravessar espelhos

Tô no caminho do Blunt of Judah
Pra ficar sonhando depois que acordar…

It makes me see through the doors and even through mirrors

I’m on the road to the Blunt of Judah
To be dreaming after I wake up

3 Likes

I’m daydreaming right now!

Hope I’m doing it right, lol.

11 Likes

Spoiler alert: there is no “right” way to daydream.

There are ways to construct narratives that can help you achieve your goals, but to steal the word “daydream” and slap it on a task takes away from pleasure.

Our problem isn’t that we don’t know how to daydream, our problem is that we’re taught from a young age that daydreaming is a bad thing we should feel guilty about. And now this seeks to add an extra layer of anxiety and guilty about whether you’re doing it right.

Whether you’re a fan of

or just let your mind wander, or any other way you prefer, you’re doing it right. You don’t have to fall into the capitalist trap that everything without a purpose is without value.

20 Likes

Everything you need to know about daydreaming can be found here:

3 Likes

You don’t need to be instructed how to (what they call) daydream. In other terms you can simply call it “thinking”.

An observation in the practice of “how”, some 60 years back: “Keith would do better if he stopped daydreaming”.

Fortunately, that skill has been essential to my career.

5 Likes

Cheer up, sleepy Jean.

5 Likes

Upshot: everything we were doing as children were good things and should be carried into adulthood, with the added benefit of being mindful of our actions.

Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. And don’t let them shame you by saying what you love isn’t “adult” and you should give it up. You get to define your life. And you definitely get to daydream if you want.

8 Likes

giphy (2)

1 Like

To fully optomise your daydreaming experience, I suggest doing it in a hammock.

It’s impossible not to daydream in a hammock.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.