"The Rise of Skywalker" is so much better with Rage Against The Machine's "Killing In The Name Of" as the soundtrack

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/03/the-rise-of-skywalker-is-s.html

2 Likes

I found this film so disappointing. Even that short clip shows how weak the writing is.

Good thing Clone Wars and Mandalorian exist - the latter can’t flub writing when there is no dialogue!

5 Likes

No. Sleep. 'Til. Bespin!
EDIT: Damnit, I’m so used to things being set to Sabotage that I forgot what band we were talking about. Disregard.

4 Likes

The song is properly titled “Killing in the Name”. Please fact-check.

1 Like

HOT TAKE: the writing for Clone Wars isn’t actually any better than the writing for the recent live action movies; it just seems that way because ridiculous premises and cartoonish dialogue feel less out of place when being delivered by actual cartoon characters.

1 Like

Wow - I just fact checked your fact check and you’re quite right.

I don’t think I’ll ever call it anything other than “Killing In the name of” though.

1 Like

By they can (and did IMO…) flub the rest: Pace, acting, characters…

@Engineer666 - I somewhat agree. I enjoyed the ambience and grit of the first couple episodes. The middle ones were just ok IMO. The final 2 episodes were pretty good.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.