The Rolling Stones are back — and they brought Sydney Sweeney along for the ride

Originally published at: The Rolling Stones are back — and they brought Sydney Sweeney along for the ride | Boing Boing

2 Likes

yawn…

2 Likes

didn’t see a lot of video clips of the 80-something rolling stones up on those billboards… maybe they didn’t want to look too fossilized compared with the 20-something sweeney. i think there comes a point where even your hard core fans probably can do without the music videos. and i think we’ve passed it.

2 Likes

Hackney indeed, but this song is no diamond. I’m thankful that there was never an overlap between the age of rock star worship and the development of technology where digitally de-aged octogenarians leering over a young woman from on high was anything but distasteful.

4 Likes

It’s the only one I actually picked up (orange vinyl).

1 Like

… not everything that can be done should be done

6 Likes

Resurrecting dinosaurs, eh?

6 Likes

The video is kind of cool, but Mick on autotune? C’mon guys, you’re better than that.

2 Likes

I’m not sure they are.

3 Likes

Yeah, I feel autotune was the least problematic aspect of that video.

2 Likes

… this really should have been the end of it

1 Like

I saw the Stones in the 1990’s, and the friend I went with agreed that we had heard better cover bands in local pubs.
I’m impressed by their determination to keep making money though.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.