The Santa Clara Men’s Cross Country team photos are a glorious sight to behold

Right on. Maryland, here, mid 70s. Hills, heat, rain, history; just us competing with the distance. For a simple sport it sure taught a lot.

3 Likes

Extra credit!

5 Likes

We’d get them once a season. They were forced to cheer at one specific dual XC meet. (It was against our cross-freeway rival—literally 400 meters separated the two schools.)

1 Like

A Runderful Thing!

2 Likes

Agreed - but I’m going with “third eyebrow”

1 Like

Looks like a Will Ferrell movie waiting to happen.

2 Likes

Hear, hear! I remember a while ago we realized we were a few years apart but from the same region. I bet we ran a lot of the same courses. I can’t remember which school it was, but one had a killer long steep hill at the very end, all out in this big clearing so everyone could see you toil like Sisyphus up the incline. Definite home-course advantage for that team!

Our home course advantage was the stinky papermill. We couldn’t smell it since we lived there, but visiting teams would be like that scene in Labyrinth in the Bog of Eternal Stench. :joy:

4 Likes

but one had a killer long steep hill at the very end, all out in this big clearing so everyone could see you toil like Sisyphus up the incline.

That sounds ALMOST like my own home course in Pittsfield. But our very steep ridge climb was hidden in the trees and not quite at the end of the race. Still, it was always a wonderful place to put on a sudden burst and pass a couple of the opposing team’s runners on that very narrow path with drop offs on either side. :slight_smile:

I know I ran in Dexter, Dover-Foxcroft, Newport, Unity. Must have been a bunch more I’m not remembering at the moment. So many lovely courses though.

We’re moving back next year, by the way. I guess I ended up missing Maine more than I realized over the years.

3 Likes

Bottom row, third from the left is the ex of your current partner. He’s the guy who simply refuses to accept that your partner has moved on from him and is the reason why your partner regularly receives text messages in the early hours of the morning.

1 Like

Neil Patrick Harris dated my boyfriend?!?
That actually explains a lot.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.