The Secret Service's history of booze, bullets, bombs, and hookers

[Permalink]

You should see the booze, bullets, bombs and hookers in Her Majesty’s Secret Service.*

*Though not the actual movie On Her Majesty's Secret Service, because that was definitely not one of the better installments in the franchise.
3 Likes

Does anyone know when all these scandals began? Maybe it’s just a coincidence that when Homeland Security took over? I’m sure the Secret Service wasn’t pristine before, but it really seems as if there’s a collective “f#*& it” emanating from the agency.

1 Like

And here I thought “Live and Die in LA” was just a movie.

Anecdote: On a recent airline flight I sat next to an off-duty state trooper. He ordered his beers two at a time (more than once) and chugged them like he was at frat party. I’ve never seen anyone do this, and I wonder if the guy hadn’t declared himself police before ordering, he would have been served that way.

In my mind, there is a culture of this kind of excess across law enforcement. But my perspective is narrow; All my police encounters have cost me money or years off my life.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.