The Septic System Owner's Manual

[Permalink]

I was told do not flush cigarettes because the filters are not degradable and they will plug the drain field. Also no harsh antiseptics or bleach.

Yay! Septics really aren't too bad to live with. I have had worse issues with sewer main connections than septic systems (cardboard sewer pipes? Really?! Http://www.sewerhistory.org/articles/compon/orangeburg/orangeburg.htm. ceramic?! Come on!)

When my sister and her husband bought a hand-built log cabin from a fellow who was known for being "crafty", their first needed upgrade was the septic system... He had re-purposed an old chest freezer as the septic tank.

Heh, I lived in a town with Model A's repurposed in the same way. "Drain fields? What are drain fields?" smile

This is the only sort of septic guideline that I recall when I was a kid (usually found in homes of those who routinely hosted city-slicker guests).

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." :smiley:

Ol' Skip certainly was handy... However, I don't recall any major duct tape projects in the house...

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.