The sequel to Turn Down For What that nobody asked for

Do you remember Please help me, I can’t stop watching this Turn Down For What video?

I do. BECAUSE I’VE BEEN WATCHING IT NON-STOP SINCE APRIL TWENTY FOUR TEEN

Well, who knew that these two dudes would go on to create a full length feature film as their, uhh… sequel … to this video?

Yep, it’s true.

I expected this movie to be weird and oh man it was sooo much weirder than I thought it would be. It was kinda delightful, actually.

This is the sequel to Turn Down For What that I never knew I needed so much.

5 Likes

Holy shit

1 Like

Okay buddy

2 Likes

Wild movie. I liked it.

Dunno if I could watch it twice. The ending was a classic trope in its own fashion.

2 Likes

There’s also this, their next movie after Swiss Army Man … but zero trailers anywhere

I didn’t know about the “Turn Down For What” connection, but I reluctantly agreed to watch “Swiss Army Man” with my 14 year old and really enjoyed it right up until the end. Yes, I LOL’d through most of it, but in that final moment it went from surreal fart joke to farcical fart joke. A fine line, to be sure.

Full points to Daniel Radcliffe though, for making the perfect film to avoid type-casting.

“Hey, weren’t you that kid wizard?”
“Yes, but I also played a farting corpse.”
“Right. OK.”

1 Like

Well… it has nothing whatsoever to do with ‘Turn Down for What’ except being insanely creative and easily the most original film I’ve seen in years, deeply weird but also lovely and touching, and really beautiful. Also, lots of farts and boners.

2 Likes

Isn’t there quite a bit of track record for avant garde music video auteurs turning into decent movie directors? David Fincher, etc?

1 Like

David Fincher’s probably the best example, but absolutely, music videos are a good training ground for directors, other examples being Michel Gondry, Mark Romanek, Jonathan Glazer, and Spike Jonze. I keep hoping that Hype Williams and Chris Cunningham will get a break as feature directors someday.

4 Likes

Don’t forget Anton Corbijn…

4 Likes

…and then there was Russell Mulcahy, who did so much to make 1980’s music vids look like cigarette commercials and turn Duran Duran into the poster boys of aspirational Thatcherite Britain.

He then went on to make the ‘Highlander’ movies and ‘Razorback’ about a giant, bloodthirsty pig.

So perhaps not a universal thing…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.