The singing road that plays "America the Beautiful"

[Read the post]

5 Likes

So if they want to hear it at the original pitch, they have to stay at 45MPH, but if they want it all fast and fun, all they have to do is drive faster. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure why this is going to keep them from speedingā€¦

11 Likes

Science and engineering are wonderful! Do you hear me friend @shaddack? A philosopher would have had to probably beg an engineer for help to do something so wonderful that also inspires parents to consider sticking to a speed limit. :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

I saw something just like this, but it was ā€œStill Aliveā€ and it was a minecart, not a car.

Oh, and Minecraft, not reality.

7 Likes

Anyone find a version where dude isnā€™t talking over the entire thing?

9 Likes

it did feel like no one bother to think about making a decent audio recording while making the video

5 Likes

the fragment ā€œmeant keep to drivers at a safe speed.ā€ makes me think someone was typing above the speed limit.

3 Likes

wow, so cool. they should do this sort of thing all over the place.

2 Likes

The left tire could do the harmony.
PS
All roads that cross into Indiana should play ā€œBack Home in Indianaā€, how cool would that be,
especially if your riding with Jim Nabors.

1 Like

At one point Disney World had a road engineered to play ā€œZippity do daā€, but itā€™s since been resurfaced.

2 Likes

I do like the original key. But raising it an octave is fine. So Iā€™ll do 90.

What kind of gullible person hears the claim that it only works at one particular speed and doesnā€™t test that out by driving a little faster? Thatā€™s some hardcore stupid from Mr. Canā€™t-Shut-Up there.

9 Likes

I drove that lane in the other direction while passing an 18-wheeler. You can clearly hear a deep voice saying ā€œVote Cruz/Satan 2016ā€.

19 Likes

Been thinking of this for over 20 years as often as I cross the Suwannee River on I-10 in FL.
The bridge is just long enough to clearly sing: ā€˜Way down upon the Suwannee Riverā€™

1 Like

The road headed up to the north side of mount Fuji has a musical pavement like this.

I might vote for Satan, as long as it was Miltonā€™s Satan, that is. But not Cruz.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a musical road near LA, in Lancaster CA. I donā€™t know if it was the earliest, but it was the first one I heard about. It was created for a Honda ad, and then maintained as a roadside attraction. It plays the William Tell Overture!

Hi-yo Silver!

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&entry=s&sa=X&ftid=0x80c2448bad189bb9:0x35ba019ca2bd1b77&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.