The six types of people who want Biden to falter and are disappointed his polling lead stayed put last week

The idea that the media needs Trump to win comes straight from Trump’s own mouth. It’s an idea that makes sense if all human interaction is merely transactional and everyone just wants more money in their pockets. Most of the people working in the non-Fox mainstream media don’t want Trump to win. They know more than they can report. They don’t want America to descend into fascism because that idea disturbs, frightens and upsets them, even if would mean clicks (and as long as we’re being rational here, we know that descent into fascism is not good for business for people whose business is insulting the leader).

8 Likes

Kamala Harris joining the ticket made me about 400% more excited for this vote. And it seems to get forgotten than a Democratic surge in 2020 means more of other, effective and progressive members of the party. Trump did one thing successfully: he made America think a presidency was about a singular ego controlling the nation. Everyone around him operates in obscurity, a bunch of invisible gremlins smashing gears under the hood while Trump grandstands.

Bring in Biden, and we actually get an intelligent, non-malicious cabinet. We get ALL of the required positions filled in government (remember, Trump has been consolidating power and never got the government fully-staffed after his inauguration). And if that’s not enough, we get to breathe easier knowing the Supreme Court will not be utterly wrecked by more Kavanaugh-style appointments.

Yes, I have no qualms about this vote. Bring it on.

9 Likes

exactly what i was thinking too.

what good is having your job today, when your entire business is outlawed tommorow

trump loves beating up on the press - it helps show him as a tough guy to his supporters. he won’t really need the press after his re-election. just twitter, fox, and whatever the name of that new one is.

because… he’s got new enemies now that are even dearer to him: racial justice protestors and democrat cities [sic]

that’s really all he needs or wants. the latest news about him blocking the new york times from access is just the start. going after news sites for encouraging treason and glorifying violence ( whatever ) will be next. no doubt at all

3 Likes

Same here in Canada. We need proportional representation.

1 Like

14 Likes

the heck with all that hand-wringing – I want to know more about this “Malarkey Detected” meme.

1 Like

A Trump win probably means he steps things up even further, sends troops into cities with protests, even peaceful protests. A Trump loss means fighting and argument over it, outright lies(again) about winning popular vote and losing electoral, demands for recounts, throwing out of mail in votes, etc. A close loss probably does mean unending refusal to accept results.
Either way expect the pardons and commuted sentences to really get going within days of the election. Blanket pardons for anyone who’s stayed loyal to him, and he’s got to even try pardoning himself, for crimes in office and before, including tax evasion and draft dodging. The lame duck period will be somewhere between 3 months and 4 years.

4 Likes

So, are you saying that it’s correct politically or politically incorrect?

The Washington Post is behind a pay wall. Sounds like it would have been an interesting article.
My heart bleeds for Facebook, Twitter, and Fox News if Trump loses. /s

1 Like

I kept trying to click on the link, but each time I did, some other element on the page had resized and moved the link somewhere else.

Is it possible to subscribe to a special grade of bOING bOING where the pages stay still and links may be clicked with impunity? It would be such a delightful change.

2 Likes

I’m literally saying this (edit) and nothing more , and I quote:

As a person with literal tribal ancestry, I absolutely HATE it when they use the word “tribe” and “tribal” to describe groups of people with terribly regressive ideas (at least from the pov of the speaker).

I’d much rather use the word clique or in-crowd or camp or in-group or ANY OTHER WORD besides tribe and tribal.

Thanks.

Hope that clarifies.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.