The Snow Miser/Heat Miser song from "The Year Without a Santa Claus"

Originally published at: The Snow Miser/Heat Miser song from "The Year Without a Santa Claus" | Boing Boing

6 Likes

i definitely remember this, and i sing both songs during the holidays probably every year, but for some reason (probably because of the animation style) i have it mooshed up with the Rudolf one, with the Yeti and Yukon Cornelius. somehow i never realized it was an entirely separate thing. i thought maybe they just cut their scenes for more commercial time, or something.

1 Like

I’mmmm too Much!! :musical_note: !!

5 Likes

Elliott Smith started in a band called “Heatmiser”

Sounds just like his solo stuff to me :confused:

4 Likes

The twins were fun.

1974 seems like yesterday hearing that tune.

2 Likes

I love this song, but it gets stuck in my head FOREVER, so I’m resisting the urge to click “Play” on that video.

Oh, noooooo. I just started singing it in my head. It’s already too late. :cry:

7 Likes

My second favorite Rankin-Bass song is this one…

8 Likes

Snow Miser was voiced by Dick Shawn who, in addition to playing LSD in The Producers, had the distinction of courting the envy of almost every comedic performer by dropping dead onstage mid-performance, with the bulk of the audience believing it was part of the act.

Heat Miser was voiced by George S. Irving, but his death a few years back didn’t have quite the frisson as Mr. Shawn’s.

7 Likes

Massive Attack also made a song called Heat Miser

I don’t think it has anything to do with “The Year Without a Santa Claus”.

2 Likes

DOWN DOWN TO GOBLIN TOWN

4 Likes

comic-38-winter-is-coming

4 Likes

I only know the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy version

3 Likes

Dick Shawn also played the momma’s boy surfer dude in “It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World”. So completely over the top. It was hilarious.

4 Likes

call me winter

…toooo much!

1 Like

We watch every one of those Christmas specials whenever they’re on. Last year we had socially distanced backyard drive-in with a bonfire and plenty of hot chocolate, it was 30 degrees. Gonna do it again this year.

Early this morning FreeForm showed The Little Drummer Boy. We were up and watched it.

1 Like

This has to be one of my favorite R&B Christmas movies. I watch it every year, subjecting my family to it. I also have the Miser Bros. Funko Pops.

The best part, though, is the “I Believe in Santa Claus” segment:

Also, I never bothered watching the live-action remake. I don’t ever question that decision.

stuff with me!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.