The song that’s stuck in your head right now

The fact I’m performing the piece next week probably explains it, huh?!

8 Likes

Yep, that’d do it.

Break a leg! Or a uh, tongue? lip? :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Eh, a simple ‘have fun’ is perfect!

6 Likes

I just have the chorus going over and over in my head.

15 Likes

8 Likes

A perennial favorite earworm for me. Really, just the part where he says “Zungguzungguguzungguzeng”

5 Likes

Don’t ask why. Hell, I don’t even know why.

7 Likes

Chips 'N Cellos does albums of largely classical music arranged in tracker programs for NES/Famicom hardware, in the style of the platformer series Mega Man/Rockman. Composeman 3 had so many submissions that there’s enough for a second game. One of the tracks was even arranged by Manami Matsumae. That’s not what got stuck.

Instead, its one of the tracks that Chips 'N Cellos themselves contributed to for completing a set of fortress stage BGMs by John Williams. It’s “Yub Nub.”

5 Likes

whopper
whopper
whopper
whopper
junior
double
triple
whopper
AT BEEEE-KAAAY :notes:
HAVE IT YOUR WAY :notes:

5 Likes

Holy shit I know some one who just finished making a remix from that game…

Was not expecting to see anything like that here. What a fun remix too…

4 Likes

I only started checking out this album after I found IsabelleChiming was on it. Which arranger do you know?

My bad, I didn’t check which post you had replied to.

3 Likes

Oh… No one on the album!

Just a fan of the game who made a remix…

4 Likes

Congratulations to AzureKevin for getting posted to OCR! I had actually heard “Treasure Beyond Dreams” beforehand. I’m just old, so I when I finished the game, I was thinking back to all the “Far Promise” posts from 2001 to the site.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Right now, after two freaking hours, it’s still “Never Gonna Give You Up”

Thanks @FGD135 !

ETA: One tool that I have found works for me to banish earworms is humming Peter’s Theme from Peter and the Wolf (mentally, inside my brain…usually). It nearly always clears everything else out.

What? Oh, yeah, of course it takes over the place for itself then

10 Likes

Pussycat says to think of the Sesame Street theme to banish an ear worm, but I say that only replaces it!

Like on the Colbert questions - one song only for the rest of your life? Doesn’t matter which song you choose, it’s going to drive you mad if it’s all you ever hear. The only sane answer is 4’33” by John Cage

12 Likes

Yes, but which recording?

10 Likes

Learn to read notation and just picture the sheet music

Eta after a thought, I guess you don’t even have to learn to read notation

7 Likes

16 Likes

Don’t ask.

8 Likes