The song that’s stuck in your head right now

Because i have a baby and a copy of the reading rainbow cassette tape from the '80s

(Sorry, couldn’t find a youtube video of it)

6 Likes

The Rob Zombie reference in that thread got More Human than Human stuck in my head. I should listen to the rest of Astro-Creep 2000 for old time’s sake.

2 Likes

I do not advocate violence. But…

U.F.O, the most 80’s band you never heard of.

Hmmm… maybe if you define the 80s as “hair metal”… but counterpoint, Hemlocke Springs…

Far more synths, gated reverb for days…

The way she sings…

2 Likes

I HATE gate reverb snares.

It’s not a reasoned or intellectual hate. It’s like the way the piano sound from John Lennon’s “imagine” or the sight of Bath Royal Crescent makes me feel like I’m about to vomit.

Or the horrible factory brass patch on Van Halen’s Jump. I feel sick even typing it.

3 Likes

But it’s so very 80s!

sick schitts creek GIF by CBC

3 Likes
3 Likes

This song has made me happy for over 25 years now. And it introduced me to Asha Bhosle, so I’ll always be grateful for that.

1 Like

TIL about gated reverb - Very interesting, thanks!

Fran’s show and tell for some more info on plate reverb:

EtA: and since this thread is for music, more than about it, here’s a live version of the song that’s always stuck in my head since I listened to it after reading a comment on, all places, Ars Technica:

Vaguely On Topic, given the beatboxing opening and closing the song.

6 Likes

Was playing on the radio while I was running errands, and now it’s stuck… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Watched a little Andy Griffith before leaving early this morning for work.

Been singing this all day.

3 Likes

Played the Laika demo and this striking song got stuck in my head… it’s pretty cinematic in the game:

2 Likes

Thanks, Dough Dynasty

1 Like
4 Likes

Day 9 of our camping trip and it’s still raining so we’re watching Columbo. Season 4 episode 4 is on a cruise ship, the opening set up is the band playing Volare, it’s stuck in both our heads.

3 Likes
1 Like

Well, now I have “combination pizza hut and taco bell” stuck in my head.

3 Likes

1 Like

Song of One Republic- I Ain’t Worried!!