The song that’s stuck in your head right now

7 Likes

8-bit music from Tree Wave. (What can be done with “…an Atari 2600, a Commodore 64, a 286 luggable PC, and an Epson dot matrix printer, all reprogrammed as sound generators.”)

5 Likes

Reminds me of *Animal Collective, at least at the start and the lead vocals.

7 Likes

God damn you!

I spend a lot of time in grocery stores for work and whenever this comes on it ends up stuck in my head for hours after. Like it is now!

Also just as a note, Safeway, at least in the metro Denver area, actually plays a lot of good music - I almost always hear something by either Camera Obscura or Great, Good, Fine, OK when I am in one. Which I know all the lyrics to. Which leads to…well, figure it out.

7 Likes

I’ve had to apologize to total strangers for singing along in the grocery store, so I feel ya, man!

12 Likes

I usually find out that I am doing it when a total stranger touches my arm and says “You have a lovely singing voice”, at which point I die.

11 Likes

Youre Welcome GIF by MOODMAN

10 Likes

This one infects me sometimes.

6 Likes

This one is stuck in my head right now. I usually use youtube for lofi and acapella music as background while I work and I guess it got caught in the algorithm. The bouncy lyric style is stuck in my head so bad. I wouldn’t mind finding other songs in this style though. I had a similar string when I discovered electroswing. Still highly enjoy that style but it seems to have faded like another strange style I liked - chaphop.

Typing this out makes me realize I have very bizarre music tastes. But I’m ok with that.

8 Likes

This one takes me way back… although it’s a 2019 release. And Daltrey’s voice is as strong as ever.

4 Likes

Me likey.

5 Likes

I can definitely see the line between chaphop (Professor Elemental esp.) and the song you posted. Very bouncy and within about 30 seconds I was grinning!

Very nice, from one bizzarro to another

6 Likes
6 Likes

Bouncing around in my head recently. I am blaming the show Hello Tomorrow!. Not because it is in it or anything, but because a retrofuture vibe always makes me think of it. If I was playing the game Fallout that would do it too

5 Likes

Oh, crap…make it stop! :grimacing:

18 Likes

Quick! Go to the Choir! Choir! Choir! w/Kermit thread. All I’m hearing in my head is Kermit singing Rainbow Connection. Good earworm cleanser!

7 Likes

Or how about…

Or even better…

“I feel like I’m disappearing / getting smaller everyday / but I look in the mirror / and I’m bigger in every way” :sob:

12 Likes

Speaking of the 90s…

Not from the 90s, but it might as well be… also stuck in my head…

5 Likes

An odd one to be stuck in one’s head, but here we are.

7 Likes

The Carpenters’ Superstar has the single best line in any song ever written, and I will die on this hill:

Baby baby baby baby, ohh baby

8 Likes