The south's latest culinary trend: inadequate, rotting prison food, supplemented by cattle feed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/04/starving-behind-bars.html

5 Likes

a public health problem everyone should care about because 95% of inmates return to their communities.

In say the last 100+ years we as a society haven’t ever given two shits about convicts returning to the streets, why would that change now? The question is rhetorical in nature…

10 Likes

I hope that at some point the people who are responsible for these things will themselves end up in prisons as horrible as those they helped create. I know it won’t happen, but that’s why I call it “hope.”

11 Likes

What do they expect from 2.25$ a day? Yes, in Alabama that’s a daily allowance for jail food.

8 Likes

Is that figure before or after the warden takes his cut for personal expenses?

5 Likes

Can anything this side of killing children for no better reason than be more MAGA than this (literal) shit? Only way to make America greater is a sociopathic private sector and their conservative, business-friendly politicians.
But we have democratic institutions; imagine how much worse things can be if we hadn’t!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.