The Space Station is getting a nice new toilet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/15/the-space-station-is-getting-a.html

3 Likes

Just as long as they don’t push the old one out of the airlock.

11 Likes

Why a new system? The tipping point was a bad seal combined with Taco night. Zero G and corn do not mix.

3 Likes

Are they replacing the Wolowitz Zero-Gravity Human Waste Distribution System?

12 Likes

Who thought “thigh bars” was a better idea than a thing to hook your toes under? Who?

1 Like

Ah but who’s gonna get the short straw to fit it?

“I’ll be round first thing and it’ll be done next Tuesday!”
“Oh dear, the van’s broken down”.

1 Like

So they are finally replacing the Wolowitz Zero Gravity Waste Dispoal System? Past time!

Damn! Ninja’d again. Must be slow on the uptake today.

5 Likes

But is it a bidet?

9 Likes

Space BidetTM - coming soon to the Boing Boing Shop!

11 Likes

I shall keep an eye out for the new ass-teroid.

6 Likes

KrRGcmf

9 Likes

I’d like to know exactly how a zero-G toilet is tested on Earth. Do they test it in the “Vomit Comet”? If so, we can all think up ways of doing that w/o having to use the on-seat services of an actual person. (You’d only need the feces, or — much better yet — a substance mimicking it’s possible morphologies and densities w/o the downsides.) Still would be kind of disgusting though.

1 Like

lPFJtv3

10 Likes

This looks like a fine apparatus that would in no way suck your butthole inside out

6 Likes

Ah. Manure from Heaven.

3 Likes

Another high priority mission for Elon.

Can’t be helped. Physiology must be dealt with – tout de suite.

1 Like

Something like that actually occurred in the 60s, I think, in an undersea human habitat (occupied for related research). Positive seal at the seat with a strong vacuum resulted in one of the researchers having a good portion of his large intestine being pulled out. He survived, but…

1 Like

As long as the new toilet is not installed too close to the machine which manufactures all the food on the space craft…

Fun fact:
“le toot suite” is a polite euphemism for the WC!

3 Likes