The Space Station is getting a nice new toilet

I guess we are used to sitting while shitting whereas most of the world squats, which is probably optimal.

EEEEWWWWW!

Now with the new unit, the shit hits the fan, and you can barely even notice the lights dimming slightly.

I hope it comes with

6 Likes

Said to be the only intentional joke in the entire movie.

1 Like

You do know they recycle the 'nauts urine on the ISS, right?

Well yeah, as on Earth.

For the ISS it rings a bell.

https://www.space.com/34688-recycled-astronaut-pee-boosts-deep-space-travel.html

Okay so they get 75% of their water back.

It was in Ringworld that one character on a small spacecraft remarks that he would prefer his toilet and his only food source to not be parts of the same machine.

1 Like

it is “sensitive to crew alignment on the seat,” sometimes resulting in messes,

The Chaotic Evil ones, right?

1 Like

As terrifying as the launch and re-entry would be, the thought of using that communal toilet for a number of years is more terrifying to me :joy:

It would appear that having “The Right Stuff” includes having the ability to share a toilet.

(Cue pre-Shuttle astronauts shouting “A toilet? Luxury! Why, in our days…” etc. etc.)

3 Likes

1 Like

Not enough bread crumbs …

1 Like

I understand that the way microgravity toilets work is that they have blowers in them to keep all the material moving in the right direction.

You know what is supposed to hit the fan!

2 Likes

Start with an install on a sailboat going upwind in a jolly sea-state.

1 Like

Sounds like fun until the shit hits the fantail.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.