The story behind the US Strategic Command's gibberish tweet

Hopefully the cat said, I’m fricking tired of Putin and his BS, I’m taking him out. I imagine a mad scramble to prevent the cat from raining down nuclear destruction on Moscow.

3 Likes

“I ran that through the CRM114 and got the Code FGD135; that’s “Wing Attack Plan R”, “R” for “Romeo”.”

13 Likes

On US keyboard, semicolon is the un-shifted key while colon is shifted. BTW, that key is just to the right of the ‘L’ key which also appears in that sequence.

5 Likes

Huh, makes sense then. Thanks.

Weird choice, considering the relative frequency of the colon vs semicolon. I can’t imagine that frequency would have been much different in typewriter days.

3 Likes

Twitter used to be a nice place to tweet about my hobbies and have informal chats with people regarding our mutual interests. Still have ~2500 people following me there from when I used to use it to talk about ham radio a lot.

Now it seems to be mostly used by people screaming political talking points past each other in hopes of getting imaginary internet points. I seldom visit these days since it’s just so damn toxic.

7 Likes

Is Ham Radio person-to-person; or do you just beam out on a frequency and chat to whoever is around on the aether?

1 Like

Curious; US keyboards are shift:colon. UK also. What other model do you reference?

Both! Depends on what technology you are using.

There are modern digital modes that can do an individual call that will automatically be routed through the internet to the last repeater (think radio access point) the person used.

But most use is more like fishing - put out a call (CQ in the ham radio vernacular) and see who turns up. This is often on shortwave, where your call could be heard anywhere in the world if conditions are right, but can be done on VHF/UHF where it’s restricted to line of sight as well.

4 Likes

The keyboards on my two laptops are German and Norwegian respectively. On both of them the colon is above the period and the semicolon above the comma

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssddddddddddddddddddddddd

1 Like

Can I buy the NFT for this?

3 Likes

The cat is throwing the small child under the bus to take the blame. Good kitty!

3 Likes

10 Likes

2 Likes

And Tucker/Fox, fresh off from saying Biden has “feminized” the US military, will add to his accusations that Biden is “infantilizing” it as well:

Ladies and gentlemen, under Biden, are babies  in charge at US Strategic Command?

2 Likes

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

US Strategic Command seems like a poor workplace for “I lost custody of the communications equipment to an unauthorized operator” type incidents.

2 Likes

If the top secret and secret stuff are firewalled from the internet at large, and twitter requires a connection to the internet at large, anything one can do on twitter is, by definition, of secondary importance…

99 Luftballons?

3 Likes

From my limited knowledge of NFTS, I think you just did.

2 Likes