The story behind the US Strategic Command's gibberish tweet

Originally published at: The story behind the US Strategic Command's gibberish tweet | Boing Boing

Suuuuuuuuure… blame it on the kid. We all know what it really was… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

14 Likes

The Qanon people are transposing the Western characters for Hebrew ones to demonstrate that the actual message is Biden’s order to initiate the Jewish Space Lasers.

25 Likes

“Aaaah! Child! My god this is so embarrassing!”

The Strategic Command general furiously pokes around on his phone trying to figure out how to properly delete a tweet. In the background a toddler has picked up a small box on the desk featuring a single red button.

20 Likes

Drop that into Cryptogram Solver

and the top result is “Q ACQUITTED”

8 Likes

27 Likes

I didn’t believe you, I’m sorry.
that’s funny, and frightening.

yet this is another possible solution:

R FORBIDDEN
8 Likes

No more cryptic that a Trump Presidential Tweet.

5 Likes

“;l;;gmlxzssaw”

That’s a bingo!

6 Likes

Long winded excuse for “cat on keyboard”

8 Likes

A cat? :smile_cat:

10 Likes

Covfefe has returned.

14 Likes

Seems like a quick glance at key placement would point to someone doing some keyboard mashing.

3 Likes

Between T Cruz’s Cancun Catastrophe and now Strategic Air Command Gibberish, it seems blame it on the kids is the go to excuse for 2021.

Let me go break the news to my son.

7 Likes

people were speculating that it was a terrible password, so i guess i’m happy to hear it was just a kid taking the opportunity to bang on the adult’s keyboard.

6 Likes

The semicolon at the start tells me it could be a possible attempt at h4x0ring Twitter.
The rest of it doesn’t exactly look like an SQL injection hack, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

My question is: Why on earth does the US Strategic command have a twitter account?

6 Likes

So that someone else doesn’t make a convincing fake one? Always best to preserve your brand on high-volume platforms…

5 Likes

Where else are they going to post their selfies?

Full disclosure, I’m not certain what people get up to on Twitter.

5 Likes

Are semicolons on US keyboards not hidden behind shift keys? Seems strange to me a kid would hit the shift key three times on that key but not on any of the others

2 Likes