The story of the TSA's oddly entertaining Instagram account

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/12/the-story-of-the-tsas-oddly.html

mandatory BB comment about the TSA:

security theater
wasting money
submissiveness training
bad hombres

etc.

2 Likes

Thanks! This is a real time saver.

4 Likes

This complements the You Did Not Sleep There account quite nicely.

1 Like

Don’t pack your homemade replica suicide vest.

Sound advice.

1 Like

I’m confused, are we pro-TSA now that they have a talented social media person?

3 Likes

Even Hitler had a nice art collection.

Anyway, I’m not surprised they let Jeremy Bentham on board. He’s basically their patron saint.

4 Likes

Did anybody think to mention what a useless melee weapon a chainsaw is? May as well ban bowling balls.

2 Likes

They need to bring back Celebrity Deathmatch, but with TSA contraband. Tina Fey with a bowling ball vs Rachel McAdams with nail clippers.

And don’t tell me it won’t track with audiences, look what they did with Hollywood Squares.

3 Likes

Well we now have decent evidence that there is at least one actual human working at the TSA. Being a skeptic, I am awaiting evidence of more than one human.

2 Likes

“There is an old Danish doctor still going the rounds who became a leprologist late in life. By accident. He was excavating an ancient cemetery and found skeletons there without fingerbones – it was an old leper-cemetery of the fourteenth century. He X-rayed the skeletons and he made discoveries in the bones, especially in the nasal area, which were quite unknown to any of us – you see most of us haven’t the chance to work with skeletons. He became a leprologist after that. You will meet him at any international conference on leprosy carrying his skull with him in an airline’s overnight bag. It has passed through a lot of douaniers’ hands. It must be rather a shock, that skull, to them, but I believe they don’t charge duty on it.”

The Danish expert was of course Vilhelm Møller-Christensen, and the story is more-or-less true, though a lot of the time he was passing through customs with a whole string-bag of skulls, not just one.

Don’t pack your homemade replica suicide vest.

You would not believe the hassle I have received from wearing my Rogue Brewery “Dead Man” trucker cap.

Well now what? When I wore mine they made a huge fuss & I missed my flight.

Yep. Purely a diversionary tactic.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.