The strange appeal of Fibonacci spiral shaving

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/06/the-strange-appeal-of-fibonacc.html

3 Likes

That doesn’t look quite like a Fibonacci spiral…

It looks like a logarithmic spiral, but not specifically in the Fibonacci ratio.

10 Likes

I thought this was going to be about beard styles.

20 Likes

Myself, I was thinking a negative design shaved into the scalp when I read the headline.

6 Likes

22 Likes

one stroke here, one stroke there, two over yonder, three next to that, five under the chin, eight for the cheeks and sideburns and… done!

4 Likes

No, they had spirals of many different ratios, which leads me to believe somebody doesn’t know what Fibonacci means, except it sounds cool.

6 Likes

Is that the Alternative-Factonacci spiral? No fibbin’!

5 Likes

A Fibonacci spiral is a mathematically defined thing, and this is not that. It’s still cool and pretty though. Just don’t give it a false name.

6 Likes

FWIW Visual triggers are already well recognized in the ASMR community. The one’s I’ve seen most are hand motions, moving lights, and “face” touching.

2 Likes

Hurricane Fibonacci

9 Likes

nature is amazing

5 Likes

#alternativespirals

5 Likes

I agree. And I’ve (sadly) many times read that sentiment as nature SANS humans.

1 Like

It’s so obvious now. that’s the Fibbin’ Nazi spiral.

13 Likes

Sometimes at night if my mind is too busy to sleep I will do the Fibonacci math 1+1=2, 1+2=3, 2+3=5 … etc. till I can relax. By 6865 I am usually out. Yes I know the answers but it is doing the math and all the steps that is calming.

5 Likes

I’ll bet there’s some kind of rotationally-accelerating reference frame in which these are isotopic. (“which makes these isotopic”?.. “homeomorphic”???.. damn!)

1 Like

This is not directed at you but it was a reply to a comment similar to yours on YouTube. Oh YouTube!

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe he takes the shavings and installs them in a screen made out of them to humor the exact ratio fans.
To within a plank…yeah, well…yes I was…

4 Likes