The tedious horrors of being called before the Energy Vampire Council

Originally published at: The tedious horrors of being called before the Energy Vampire Council | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Definitely the best scene of the entire season.

3 Likes

I think some of them have been on this BBS in the past!

8 Likes

Maybe it’s just me and my wife that have been struck with that shark-jumpy feeling

I’ve already seen the final episode of the season, and I get the feeling that given the conclusion they’re ready to wrap things up.

Still, it was a hell of a ride.

7 Likes

I haven’t seen any of this season, but any show resting on memeable characters has a finite shelf life. Every time a character gets an appealing quirk, it becomes part of their baggage, and it’s hard to keep showing the same quirk over and over without it becoming a cheesy catchphrase.

4 Likes

I’ve only ever seen the movie, and never got around to the series. How would you compare the two?

I probably should have watched this ages ago.

4 Likes

It isn’t as tight. They have the same concept, new vampires, new location, and its more or less The Office or a Christopher Guest movie but for the undead.

Some great cameos and guest stars, including the original cast in season 1, Doug Jones, Benedict Wong, Patton Oswald, and more.

I really enjoy the cast and their dynamic, especially Matt Berry as Laszlo and Natasia Demetriou as Nadja.

It does get a bit raunchy at times, so that may or may not be your thing.

7 Likes

This is every officewide Teams meeting I’ve ever been forced to attend.

7 Likes

“When it comes to zoning ordinances, I have a few thoughts.”
“Ordinance: what does it mean”

5 Likes

That perfectly matches my expectations. I’m always a little torn when something becomes a series - yes, it’s never quite the same, but on the other hand, you get more of that stuff you want… Sounds worth a go though.

3 Likes

If you liked the movie, you’ll definitely want to watch the show, and Wellington Paranormal

12 Likes

Ta. I’ve sampled Wellington Paranormal and liked it. There’s definitely something in the water in New Zealand.

6 Likes

Ditto. O’Leary, Minogue and Maaka are all brilliant and the script is one of the most New Zealand things possible.

wellington

Karen O’Leary’s talent for side-eye is chef’s kiss.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.