"What We Do in the Shadows" returns to FX on April 15

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/05/what-we-do-in-the-shadows.html

8 Likes

thanks for sharing this! super funny

5 Likes

On Cinema at the Cinema called. They want their Mark Proksch back.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Just started watching this because of “Toast of London.” If you haven’t seen Toast of London, it is a good time.

–Clem Fandango

10 Likes

Yes, I can hear you, Clem Fandango!

6 Likes

I love this show so much!

Avid TV watchers may recognize that the Energy Vampire once had a regular part on The Office as a warehouse worker.

5 Likes

He also played Daniel Wormald in Better Call Saul.

10 Likes

Press the button you doughnut!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Don’t forget to buy creepy paper!

6 Likes

I’m totally having a Superb Owl party next year. Well, if I’m not scrounging for scraps in no man’s land, I’m having a Superb Owl party.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Yes!!! Nothing will beat the movie but the show is funny🦇

1 Like

“Multi-pack!”

1 Like

8 Likes

Funny, I started watching Toast of London because of this (well…and the IT Crowd).

2 Likes

I hadn’t realized that Matt Berry was in this. I’ll have to check it out! I enjoyed the movie but haven’t given the series a shot.

3 Likes

IMHO the series is better than the movie.

(Of course the movie is great too)

2 Likes

What’s fantastic is that they are both extraordinarily good in their own ways and don’t retread all of the same jokes. There’s just so much ridiculous material to mine in vampire lore.

That said, my favorite character from either, bar none, is Guillermo. His introduction is maybe my favorite scene. So subtle and clever and manages to work in a thread about cultural representation to boot. His slow and surprising build to a vampire hunter, a Van Helsing no less, was sublime.

2 Likes