The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage: The (Mostly) True Story of the First Computer

[Read the post]

1 Like

I’m surprised this hasn’t been on BB before (unless it has). She’s brilliant and the comics are hilarious.

3 Likes

I believe she only recently released them in paper form, which might’ve brought them to the attention of a different audience. To which the author of this review belongs, I guess.

If you get a chance to see her talk in person, I highly recommend it. She has done some very serious historical/mechanical investigations, showing the workings of the (proposed) Analytical Engine in great detail, and illuminating the personalities involved in a very human way. Awesome, awesome work.

On May 5, 2015, she was interviewed at the Computer History Museum. See:

This looks fantastic (in both senses of the word). If you want to read about Ada’s actual life through her own letters & diaries, check out “Ada: Enchantress of Numbers”. You may have to literally check it out of a library, because it seems scarce/expensive on Amazon. (Goes to look for her copy, hoping she didn’t give it to Goodwill …)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.