The tiny doors in the US Capitol

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/23/the-tiny-doors-in-the-us-capitol.html

6 Likes

I might have guessed laundry chutes. For people who leave their clothes on the floor. Just kick those shirts and socks and pants over to the little door. (Oh right, no one lives there…)

Open all the little doors and play pocket billiards with a croquet set?

Edit to add: That’s terrible about all the books.

8 Likes

The Library of Congress has been engaged in a program to attempt to get copies of all of the books that they got from Thomas Jefferson that formed the nucleus of its collection.

6 Likes

That’s what the rodent government wants you to think…

25 Likes

Rats! Caught beavering away at the Capybara-tol.

8 Likes

I was told Antifa hides in there. But, that was a rat that told me…

14 Likes

Fat Cats in power needed a rodent snack delivery system?

11 Likes

Thought it was to make small minds feel less uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Be careful you don’t open the wrong one and end up in John Malkovich’s head.

Perfect size for reptilians… :thinking:

12 Likes

For instance, one of the Gutenberg bibles thay own has been painstakingly edited with a pen knife to reflect Jefferson’s sensibilities. A loss for incunabula, a gain for American history. :wink:

1 Like

Not, I believe using one of the Gutenberg bibles.
From the wikipedia article on the Jefferson Bible.

Using a razor and glue, Jefferson cut and pasted his arrangement of selected verses from a 1794 bilingual Latin/Greek version using the text of the Plantin Polyglot, a French Geneva Bible and the King James Version[12] of the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in chronological order—putting together excerpts from one text with those of another to create a single narrative. Thus he begins with Luke 2 and Luke 3, then follows with Mark 1 and Matthew 3. He provides a record of which verses he selected, and of the order he chose in his Table of the Texts from the Evangelists employed in this Narrative and of the order of their arrangement .

7 Likes

they are not supposed to, but

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/11/20/want-to-drain-the-swamp-build-congress-a-dorm-222641

7 Likes

Cute! Totally reminded me of these:

10 Likes

4 Likes

Tiny doors for Herr Tiny Hands.

4 Likes

That they’re actually hiding water pipes sounds like the story fairies would come up with to hide their existence.

5 Likes

Pocket billiards apparently means a different thing in the US than where I come from.

5 Likes

In that case I suggest that you not use a croquet set.

2 Likes

Cute video, very straightforward.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.